Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help ladies.. please!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:14 PM
  • 16 Replies

So tomorrow is my husband 45th birthday and with school and a little one sick I havent had time to prepare for anything.

I have some money on paypal and amazon, but things wont get here on time... so I was wondering if there was any good idea on gifts, dinner menu or surprises I could do for him.

By the way he is off from work so he will be home, but I have to go to school in the morning, so I was planning something for the afternoon/evening.  I could probably transfer the paypal money into our account and take the money out (about $90 yeah im broke lol).

He is not the geeky type, the only thing he likes is his ipod. He does not play video games...  more of an outdoorsy person. He loves movies  specially scary ones. He likes to groom himself. And he likes it when I write him letters too :)

Any idea appreciated :)

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heydooney
by Danielle :) on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:18 PM

My husband wants an old-fashioned shaving kit with mug and brush and high quality razor. There are some good ones on Amazon, but every time there's a holiday or his birthday, we are broke.

yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I thought of this because he shaves a lot, but i would have to go to the store and get it today.  I also thought of an electric razor..

Quoting heydooney:

My husband wants an old-fashioned shaving kit with mug and brush and high quality razor. There are some good ones on Amazon, but every time there's a holiday or his birthday, we are broke.

heydooney
by Danielle :) on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Or you could order it, print out a picture of it and put it in a box and say "this is on its way" lol

Quoting yvonne37:

I thought of this because he shaves a lot, but i would have to go to the store and get it today.  I also thought of an electric razor..

Quoting heydooney:

yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Hey thats a good idea!! i could actually write him a letter and put the pic inside ;)

Quoting heydooney:

Or you could order it, print out a picture of it and put it in a box and say "this is on its way" lol

Quoting yvonne37:

Quoting heydooney:

EbonySnow
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:38 PM

you could give him you with a big red bow around your waist :D

chillemi78
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:42 PM
You could do a movie night gift basket. A couple dvds he likes, some movie theatre style boxes of candy, popcorn, other snack mixes like check mix or a trail mix, beer (if he drinks it). All put together in a basket for him to be ready to enjoy a movie whenever he wants.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:01 PM

hahah.. i really like this idea ;)  also being that valentines day is so close..lol

Quoting EbonySnow:

yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:03 PM

he would love a basket of goodies :)  specially that we are planning a "walking dead" night on sunday... he could open it and enjoy that night. 

I will keep this one in mind.  thanks

Quoting chillemi78:

You could do a movie night gift basket. A couple dvds he likes, some movie theatre style boxes of candy, popcorn, other snack mixes like check mix or a trail mix, beer (if he drinks it). All put together in a basket for him to be ready to enjoy a movie whenever he wants.

EbonySnow
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:32 PM

see its perfect! :D

Quoting yvonne37:

hahah.. i really like this idea ;)  also being that valentines day is so close..lol

Quoting EbonySnow:

MamaMandee
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I like the basket idea for Sunday night. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN