Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Here's the background. 

My son attends a Christian preschool. He's been getting some religious education there since he was one. 

This year he is in preK and on of his teacher is a little more... ummm... intense than the other teachers he's had.  She made it very clear at meet the teacher night that the religious aspect of the curriculum is her focus. That's fine with me even though we don't 100% agree with what she's teaching. I have no issue with my child being exposed to different faiths and beliefs. We've had some great discussions about what he's learning at school. 

But I'm not too thrilled with what he said tonight. He told me "Billy" was doing the devil's work today. When I asked what that meant he explained that when kids misbehave it's because the devil is using them to do his work. So when "Billy" got in trouble on the playground my son knew it was because of the devil. 

I am realistic enough to know that I am the five year old version of what the teacher really said. But obviously she said something.

I talked to him and he understands that I don't agree with that. We talked about times he's misbehaved and he agreed it had nothing to do with the devil. I'm not really worried about the teacher convincing him this is true. But I'm still not thrilled about it.  

Would you say something? What would you say?

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Replies (11-14):
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:27 PM

if you are having these feelings you should prolly look more into it

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Quoting MamaMandee:

This!

Quoting mereinhart28:

hmmmm that wouldn't sit too well with me. I would talk to her about it. kids need to be tought personal responsibility. it would make me wonder what else she is saying to the kids.

PinkButterfly66
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:38 PM

That's just not right.  If it were me, I'd be complaining to the school's administrator.  

Samanthamommy
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:43 PM

I would talk to her about it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN