Group Home

Smarter Health: Websites to make you laugh

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 35 Replies

Yes, it is the week where we are thinking of all things that are heart-ish, but the whole month is about that muscle associated with love. February is National Heart Month! Cue the streamers, tap along with the marching band! So let's talk heart health. I'm no doctor, but I am a touch of a hypochondriac who has researched a ton online, so I know that part of heart health is eating right, de-stressing, exercising...and laughing.

Yup, laughter helps get good things going in that brain matter and study after study says laughter is the best medicine. So, I rounded up a few websites to check out when you want a good, heart-healthy guffaw.

Some Ecards - You've seen them on Facebook, I bet: the cards that have a little cartoon and a witticism that tells it like it is and make you giggle. So many categories to choose from, you can spend hours flipping through them...and I bet your post a couple as a status update.

Honest Toddler - The Twitter feed for this website are all comments as if your three-year-old could type and put together a 140-character funny snippet. I have laughed out loud reading some of them. So true, so funny, so honest.

Corduroy Cat - This guy just makes me smile and laugh. Watch all of these videos with this corduroy cat puppet doing just random things like riding a bike or doing an Irish jig. Sure to bring a heart-healthy laugh or two. He also starred in the latest video by one of my fave kid bands, Tim and the Space Cadets - check it out here.

What sites do you go to for a good chuckle? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/ nebari

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sophie4910
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Facebook lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:49 AM
The auto correct fail site... I laugh til I cry! I will check out that honest toddler though, it sounds right up my alley.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Luci on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Thanks for these

delanna6two
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Thanks for the sites...I'll have to look into them...I mostly browse recipes sites.

powow65
by kimmy on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:54 AM
None. I don't go on to other website.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Quoting Sophie4910:

Facebook lol.

lol very true

SassyWildflower
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:22 AM

YES!!! lol 

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

The auto correct fail site... I laugh til I cry! I will check out that honest toddler though, it sounds right up my alley.

Follow Me on Pinterest  
charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I love the auto correct website too.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Quoting Sophie4910:

Facebook lol.

I agree

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:30 AM

haha yea!  i like peopleofwalmart.com hahah!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. letstalk747
  2. lizzig
  3. Jukebox_Jenny
  4. powow65
  5. alf2651
  6. Angela4boys