Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Living: Little ways to say "I love you!"

Posted by   + Show Post

Happy Valentine's Day! Who is snacking on those little hearts with phrases like ‘be Mine" or "Luv U"? Did you stay up late stuffing little Hello Kitty or Superman pre-made cards for your kid's Kindergarten class? Oh, this lovely, love-centric holiday. My husband and I are not huge Valentine's Day people. We don't go out to a fancy dinner, we don't exchange gifts...but that doesn't mean we don't show our undying love (yes, I'm attempting to be funny here with the overinflated descriptions) in other ways. But, I'm looking to find some new other ways, some new, not-wrapped-up-in-a-box ways to say I love you to him - and perhaps my kiddo. Here's what I found:

-- Hold hands more. Yes, we hold our kids' hands a lot (especially here in NYC where we cross a lot of streets), but how about holding your spouse's hand while you are just sitting on the couch...or as you fall asleep...too mushy for you? Okay, but try it once?

-- Coupons. Those old fashioned, DIY booklet of IOUs. Like "Good for one back massage." Or "Good for one weekend of total remote control power." This is great for the kids too (think of ones like "Good for one room-cleaning by Mom." Or "Good for 15 more minutes of screen time.").

-- Play hooky. Pick a day when the kids are in school and both of you take off a day from work and play. Really. Go to the movies. Nap. Snuggle.

-- For your kids, have a Yes Day, where you say, "Yes" to everything. Or an ice cream for breakfast day. Little fun surprises that say, "I love you."

Share your little ways you say "I love you"!

©iStockphoto.com/ Anthony Rosenberg

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-52):
mamivon2
by Sandra on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:17 AM

neat ideas.. we have fb :)

suziejax
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:07 AM

we used to celebrate valentines day but my husband said no more! He had a better idea. He said instead of doing it on a day the calendar says and when every one else is and card cos are making a killing, he said lets celebrate US all year. SO he does random stuff for me all year! I do random stuff for him all year!  

For example 

two days before valentines he bought me flowers! 

Then a day after valentines he surprised me with my fav magazine & some truffels!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)