Any GOOD rice krispie treat recipes?

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:47 PM
  • 18 Replies

I can not for the life of me make a GOOD rice krispie treat.....i follow the instructions on the rice krispie box and they always turn out sticky or something, not in a good edible way!

Any recipes or tips? thanks!

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviaW.
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I melt a stick of butter and than add about 1/2 tsp. of vanilla. Then add the marshmallows and when they melt add almost the entrie box of cereal and mex well. Than add to a container. 

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Thanks! This sounds good!

Quoting OliviaW.:

I melt a stick of butter and than add about 1/2 tsp. of vanilla. Then add the marshmallows and when they melt add almost the entrie box of cereal and mex well. Than add to a container. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:52 PM

i want to make some good ones too

Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:53 PM

vanilla sounds good

Quoting OliviaW.:

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Quoting OliviaW.:

i have pretty much done this......what kind of container? i have used a glass 12x8 and an 8x8 and coated it w/butter and tried pressing down but still a sticky mess :(

BeachMommy07
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Quoting OliviaW.:

This is what I do too.

OliviaW.
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

Quoting OliviaW.:

i have pretty much done this......what kind of container? i have used a glass 12x8 and an 8x8 and coated it w/butter and tried pressing down but still a sticky mess :(

You just out it in whatever you have. Are you not adding enough cereal? It will be sticky but the top normally dries what some while the bottom is more marshmallowy (so not a word). When I add it to a pan I just cover my hands in butter and then press it in. The more you press in the more the bottom will be like a marshmallow.

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:05 PM

maybe not enough cereal but i followed the recipe always LOL i think it was 6C. i'll be sure to use your tips, thanks!

Quoting OliviaW.:

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

Quoting OliviaW.:

You just out it in whatever you have. Are you not adding enough cereal? It will be sticky but the top normally dries what some while the bottom is more marshmallowy (so not a word). When I add it to a pan I just cover my hands in butter and then press it in. The more you press in the more the bottom will be like a marshmallow.

OliviaW.
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I never follow the recipe on the box. I learned by watching my mom who just eyeballed it. I hope it works for you though.

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

maybe not enough cereal but i followed the recipe always LOL i think it was 6C. i'll be sure to use your tips, thanks!

Quoting OliviaW.:

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

Quoting OliviaW.:

critter_boo
by Sarah on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Always add more cearal than called for
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: