Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is wrong with kids today???????????????

The new boy down the street(11) just called my dd Hannah a fat fu@@. Yes she is overweight but she has health problems thats why.The mama bear in me want to go and tear him a new one.Why do kids still call other kids names??? That is just so mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Replies (51-60):
fullxbusymom
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Kids have ALWAYS been cruel it isn't kids just now a days.  I can assure you.

Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I think they are around others that do it and think that its okay but its never okay to cuss a kid. I dont think its okay to call names either but unforunately we can not control what they see or hear. 

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:13 AM
I'm sorry that happened...I'd be livid as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AstuteMama
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:49 PM

That is so wrong! That English teacher of yours should of said something to that boy that was teasing/bullying you.

Quoting yayay15:

That's terrible!!!! So glad they sent them home. Sometimes it seems like most of them get away with it.

I had one boy, in junior high make fun of me everyday in English because I had pimples on my head. I was going through puberty. I had just started my period. He was so ugly too. The teacher never said a word. He did it every day.

Quoting AstuteMama:

I so agree! When I was 13 years old I went on a trip with a bunch of kids to Disneyland, and we slept in gyms of YMCA's at night. The first night of the trip we stopped at the YMCA to sleep, and I had two boys that thought it was fun to call me names, pick on me, and started throwing things at me just because I was overweight, shy, and quiet. If it weren't for two girls that came to my aide and told the chaperones I could of been seriously hurt. Luckily that YMCA had a policy that bullies weren't allowed on the trip, and the two boys were put on a train home at their parents expense.

Quoting yayay15:

It's not just today. They have always been like that. Sorry that happened. People in general just aren't nice. Even adults. If you haven't noticed with the people on cafemom.

2lilmamas
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Quoting Hottmomma607:

MsMcWithey
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Totally agree!! Go talk to his parents.

Quoting yayay15:

It's not just today. They have always been like that. Sorry that happened. People in general just aren't nice. Even adults. If you haven't noticed with the people on cafemom.
MsMcWithey
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Agreed!!! Talk to his parents!!!

Quoting Life.Happens:

The kids aren't the problem so much as it's the parents raising those kids that are the real problem...Kids are like that because their parents teach them to be that way...

bether89
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I am so sorry that your daughter is going through this.  Kids can be so mean!

ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Yes! Kids aren't being raised right!

Quoting Life.Happens:

The kids aren't the problem so much as it's the parents raising those kids that are the real problem...Kids are like that because their parents teach them to be that way...

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I wonder what happened to his parents that he could call your daughter this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)