Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does or did annoy you that others do or did to your children..?..

Posted by   + Show Post

ok my kids are 9 and 10.. and why out grown the paci stage but I remember when they had their pacies in their mouths some family member would come up and take them out of their mouth and say: gimme that pacie, gimme it.. and laugh.. and of course make my child cry..

I hated that stuff..

is there something people did or do to your child that annoys you?

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Replies (11-20):
mom2jessnky
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Breaking my balls... or as my step mom politely put it "Usurping your parental authority" my effing MIL STILL does this shit. It drives me absolutely bananas.

If I say NO, the answer is NO.  Or like one of my kids will do something wrong and while I'm reprimanding them my idiot MIL is over there going "UH-oh!!! UUHHHHH-OHHHH!! Mom means it this time!" STFU already or you're next.  ERGH.

I don't care if you let your kids roll around in the mud, eat candy for dinner, and stay up until midnight, my kids don't do that.  So as Cartman would put it 'RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!"

When they were little it bugged the heck out of me when people called my girls, boys. HE's SO cute. Yes SHE sure is. And I mean my kids were in PINK, pig tails, headbands, flowers, etc. They were obviously girls.

And when people ask if they're twins (still happens) nope! 2.5 yrs apart, my oldest is at least 6" taller and they don't even look alike.  It's because I dress them similarly, I do that so I can keep track of them easier. And because I'm lazy so when I buy clothes I go "Oh that's cute" and grab one medium, one large.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:35 AM
When my oldest was 3 months old I started babysitting this girl who was 5 months old. My daughter was tiny with darker skin and dark hair. This girl was twice her size and a toe head with around face. People would ask me of they were twins. I never assume relationships because if that.

Quoting jconney80:

I know this is different but it drives me crazy when people ask if my youngest kids are twins. They're almost 2 years apart and obviously there is a 9 inch height difference LMBO. People are nutso
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by Jane:) on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:39 AM
I hated the pacie thing too. I love my fil but he was the worst and he made me feel guilty.

I hated the potty training comments too. Once I was changing my not quite 2 yo in a public restroom and some old lady had to give me a lecture.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Oh! How about assuming abuse. He was older than a toddler but when my son first started martial arts he was 8. He had been sucking on his upper lip and it was red all the way up to his nose. His instructor confronted me about it and then told me it wasn't possible for the upper lip to get chapped, only the lower. I was really ticked. I couldn't stand the guy for a long time. But now I love him to death so it worked out :) and I'm pretty sure he no longer thinks I made my son get a chapped lip.
elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:32 AM

My granddaughter is almost deaf, but functions well. She also has an Asian appearance. Sometimes she would not hear something, so would not respond. People would ask if she spoke English.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:32 AM

When they call my dd names.Pisses me off so bad.People that give me parent advice that dont even have kids

MrsRinehart2010
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:34 AM

no one ever did that to my oldest I wouldnt allow it lol. I dont do pissed off children lol.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

oh oh you know what kills me is when people just love to comment on how I should wean my daughter , she is 2 but I still think its no one elses bussiness since its my body and my baby.

Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:26 AM

they fuss at me about discapling them even though if I were tohave done it as a child I would get spanked and sent in my room for the rest of the day (and I'm talking about my mom and grandma who would punish me)

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:39 AM
When I'm around and other's discipline my kids in my home...My girls know the rules to our home..Yes they try to get away with stuff when I'm distracted BUT tell ME, dont yell at them...My ONLY pet peeve...And my older girls are included as well..Katie will come home for a visit and sometimes by the 3rd day I'm ready to drive her back.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN