Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nervous. - Update in Purple !

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:57 AM
  • 54 Replies

Hi ladies.

I usually get my hair cut once a year and its usually around my birthday...kinda like a treat to myself.

Well tomorrow I am chopping my hair off and Dying it ! I have only died my hair once in my life and that was in HS with semi perm hair dye. It turned out horribly, but this will be permanent dye...and I am going dark. I am thinking a Dark Burgundy or Auburn.

Unfortunately we cant really afford this so I am going to buy the box dye after my hair cut.

I am hoping to have enough to make my 6th donation to Locks of Love.

Wish me luck that it all turns out well. I will post before and after pictures tomorrow.

*nervous*

~me

Alright ladies.

I decided not to dye my hair after all. Unfotunately I didnt have enough hair for locks of love this time...and that made me sad. However all that aside...I absolutely LOVE my new hair cut!

I didnt get to take a before picture but here is one with my hair down about a month and a half ago.

and here it is now !

What do you all think ?!

:)

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this

how good of you to give to locks of love. good luck with everything. we all need a change every now and then. looking forward to seeing pictures.

inmybizz
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:08 AM
1 mom liked this

good luck!

BeachMommy07
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this
That is awesome about Locks for Love. Good person you are!
GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:41 AM

How awesome are you!! I'm sure eVerythng will turn out great. Looking forward to amazing pics!

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats awesome you are doing this!

Rain2Rinse
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:30 AM
I've heard that locks if love is terribly expensive for the people who need wigs :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:15 AM

So glad you get to treat yourself just be aware it is not always easy to dye your hair yourself. It will be better since your hair is virgin but still you cant just buy a box and hope it works (trust me been there done that way to many times). Depending on your natural color you have to go through other colors to get it to what you want. Like if you are blonde wanting to get brown you have to get through all the shades of blonde then red then get to brown. 

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck..Can't wait to see pics...

EbonySnow
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

thats so cool of you to donate to locks of love. look forward to pics

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

GL! if you have medium brown hair, auburn or reddish brown will look good! i always do that color. I get the cheap $3-4 Revlon and it turns out just fine. I also donate my hair and will be doing that come around April time probably

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)