Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dog post from about a week ago round 2 :( UPDATE:2

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:29 PM
  • 24 Replies
Shes out of surg it went great. Her uterus was 10x normal size. We should get to pick her up tomarrow morning

Well ladies my mommy instinct kicked in she has pyometra which is an infection of the uterus she was kept at vet (our apt was at 945) she will have surg around 5 and we can bring her home tomorrow.

Picture in reply

Well ladies i posted a little over a week ago about our german shep.. she was doing better and started eating and was taking her meds.. well we went away this weekend to see my dad and fri we had mil come stay w/ her and sat my mom stayed w/ her. Well my mom called me today and said she was bleeding pretty good. She first noticed a spot on floor as round as a coffee cup. Then i told my mom to get one of the diapers out for her that we had from her heat cycle. And so she did and put the pad in it she had it on for a half hr to an hour and it was pretty soaked. Then she put another and it was the same called emg vet they said it wasnt an emg so idk :( we are taking her in first thing in the morning we wont be home until about 9 so hopefully shes ok and they can get her right in. I will TRY to post the pic of the pad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KRIZZ25
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:31 PM
WHAT HAPPEN TO UR DOG?
SarahSuzyQ
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Gosh, I missed your first post but it sounds like things have been difficult and scary with your pup. It's so hard; our pets are such a part of our family. I'm sorry.

I hope you can get right in tomorrow and the vet will give you a good course of further treatment.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
holmes212
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Did u catch the last post? If not heres a brief summary. She was fed on a fri ariund 12 ate half of her food and didnt eat again until monday. And was sleeping alot. They gave her meds for a vaginal infection. And now this

Quoting KRIZZ25:

WHAT HAPPEN TO UR DOG?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leelee1008
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Yeah I missed the 1st post too. what happened?

Lovinmybabas
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Poor dog. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
holmes212
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:44 PM

She only had this pad on for a half hour to an hour
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Poor girl.Hope she is ok.Hugs

Juniper53098
by June on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Hope she's OK!

KRIZZ25
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:06 PM
take her to vet ...it does not look good..she could have ate something that has cut her on the inside.
2lilmamas
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Aww poor doggie.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)