Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can you help me

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:42 PM
  • 31 Replies
Right now most of you know I have lost weight. I'm still working on it. I have lived in yoga pants and streachy pants for 2 months now since surgery. I still can't out on jeans it is hard to bend that way. So what I want to know is what are some styles I can be looking at to get for the new me. I have always been plus size and kinda frumpy. I want a new look but no idea where to start I will post a pic in reply.( I need a nice outfit for march too for a play if I can sit for 3 hrs at that point)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
critter_boo
by Sarah on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:45 PM

This was oct
critter_boo
by Sarah on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:45 PM

This was yesterday. So I want dress this me
Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

you can get nice cottony stretch pants that are dressy with a nice blouse

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:52 PM

if you have to fudge a little (I've had to do this with my pouche)-get some nice dressy maternity pants to help hide the tummy-although personally I think you look great.

I have a pair that are black with gray straight lines-they are stretchy and comfortable-and just wear a nice dressy top.

maxswolfsuit
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:13 PM

What about dresses?

I know it can be scary, but cute sun dresses can be very flattering. 

maxswolfsuit
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL

My son is 2 and I still wear a couple of pairs of maternity pants. 

Quoting Tigress22304:

if you have to fudge a little (I've had to do this with my pouche)-get some nice dressy maternity pants to help hide the tummy-although personally I think you look great.

I have a pair that are black with gray straight lines-they are stretchy and comfortable-and just wear a nice dressy top.

ethans_momma06
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Try dresses and skirts!

Ladyisis
by Jenn on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:08 PM

I would suggest some nice stretchy comfortable black pants or a nice cute flowy dress. Good luck! You look great though!

critter_boo
by Sarah on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Thank you lol I want my jeans back .I might venture to try them today

Quoting Ladyisis:

I would suggest some nice stretchy comfortable black pants or a nice cute flowy dress. Good luck! You look great though!

chillemi78
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Wow! You look fantastic! Good for you!
How about leggings with a long sweater? You can do lighter fabrics or short sleeves going into spring. And they can be dressy or casual depending on fabrics and accessories, so lots of options. Also dresses are great for comfort. Head to a place like Ross or Marshalls where things are sorted by size (as oppposed to dept. Stores where its done by style) and you can just grab a lot from the rack and try a bunch of different styles to see what is most comfortable and flattering.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)