Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone tried this type of birth control?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:15 AM
  • 57 Replies
The Nuva ring? Hubby is getting snipped and I was having awful pain from an iud so I had it removed. I was trying to use the Nuva ring for a short time until hubby gets his vasectomy. It is causing awful side effects. I hate birth control and can't wait to be done with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommysangelface
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:25 AM

i did   couldnt stand it.  i had my tubes tied but cuz of excessive bleeding, i was put on BC. It fell out. More than once. 

I am on the mirena and i love it. 8 months now and 1 month period free

thePBandJmom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I've never tried it. The thought of putting something way up in my cooch wigs me out, lol. How long until the vasectomy can be relied on? Could you go and get one depo shot?

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:29 AM

no

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Less than a month. I don't want any other bc because I'm still breastfeeding and don't want to risk my milk supply drying up.

Quoting thePBandJmom:

I've never tried it. The thought of putting something way up in my cooch wigs me out, lol. How long until the vasectomy can be relied on? Could you go and get one depo shot?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:45 AM
I really don't like it =( Its obnoxious isn't it? I had the Paragard but it was causing me so much pain. I dealt with it for a year!

Quoting mommysangelface:

i did   couldnt stand it.  i had my tubes tied but cuz of excessive bleeding, i was put on BC. It fell out. More than once. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommysangelface
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:46 AM

the nuva ring? or the mirena?

Quoting jconney80:

I really don't like it =( Its obnoxious isn't it? I had the Paragard but it was causing me so much pain. I dealt with it for a year!

Quoting mommysangelface:

thePBandJmom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Yeah, you don't want to risk that. If its less than a month I personally would just avoid sex, or at least use a condom. Totally up to you though.

Quoting jconney80:

Less than a month. I don't want any other bc because I'm still breastfeeding and don't want to risk my milk supply drying up.

Quoting thePBandJmom:

Ladyisis
by Jenn on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:58 AM

I have never used it! Good luck!

mamadee1971
by Dionne on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Nope.  I have Paragard (4 years) and never had issues with it.

mom2jessnky
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:36 AM

I used it for years without any problems.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)