Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Living: Apps to improve your life

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this

Many folks I know cannot live with out their smart phone or iPad. It is what they use to do everything: communicate with work, keep track of everyone's scheduled and appointments, even wake them up every morning with the clock alarm. I use mine a lot too, but I was thinking there had to be more apps to improve my life, to save me time or to even energize me to think in a different way. I poked around and, sure enough, I was right. Check out these apps to improve your life in little ways.

Zite -- I spend a lot of time surfing around the Internet, looking for information and good articles to read. This app gathers articles for you, ones that, based on other articles you have read, you would like. It is an aggregator that saves you the time from poking around 53 different websites - and helps you discover ones you may never would have found. It is like your own personal article web-surfer.

Find My iPhone -- For those of us that are a tad forgetful or with kid who have their own smart phones, this could save you hundreds of dollars and much angst if your -- or hers -- phone is ever lost. Via your computer or another device, you can locate your lost phone or IPod touch or iPad. You can also lock the device and erase any data remotely if it was stolen. 

TED app -- The official app of the TED talks aka the videos from TED, the nonprofit that is "devoted to Ideas Worth Sharing." (TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design, but the videos are about almost everything). The app allows you to watch over 1,400 videos from business folks, music gurus, thinkers, educators, just the most interesting folks you could ever want to listen to about topics that will engage and inspire you.

What apps do you use that improve your everyday?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ Aarstudio           

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Well my favorite practical app is Our Groceries. It allows me to share shopping lists across multiple phones and computers, so DH and I can both edit the list at any time.

I also like White Noise for when I'm sleeping away from home... Helps cover up the snoring from the other side of the bed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SassyWildflower
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:00 AM

My Cozi app! I love love love it.

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Thanks

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I didnt know about the white noise one!  Thanks!!

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Well my favorite practical app is Our Groceries. It allows me to share shopping lists across multiple phones and computers, so DH and I can both edit the list at any time.

I also like White Noise for when I'm sleeping away from home... Helps cover up the snoring from the other side of the bed.

Juniper53098
by June on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:13 AM

none.  I don't have a smart phone or a tablet.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I dont have a cell phone

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:20 AM
I've tried a lot of them... If you're on Android I recommend White Noise Lite. It's a good freebie!

Quoting Madelaine:

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I am on Android.  Thank you!

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

I've tried a lot of them... If you're on Android I recommend White Noise Lite. It's a good freebie!

Quoting Madelaine:

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I dont have a smart phone :(

fraujones
by Amanda on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:27 PM

goodreads. I love to keep track of what I've read and find new books on it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)