Smarter Style: My best wardrobe tricks

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this

Tricks. Secrets. Knacks. Cheats. All words to describes what we do with our clothes and accessories when we want to appear some other way than we are...to look thinner, to look taller, we even use them to hide a baby bump til we are ready to tell the world we are preggers. You get the idea. I'm beyond the hiding the bump phase, but I've been examining my closet items lately and wondering about ways to make myself look as tall as I can. Here are some hints from the pros on how to use your clothes to achieve that certain taller, leaner look.

-- Go monochromatic. Wearing all the same color makes one long look. When you wear a different color on the top and bottom, it "breaks" your body and you don't get the same effect. Even the hues of the same color can be helpful.

-- Wear heels. Probably the most blatant cheat, but even a little heel can make your posture different and result in a taller look. If you want, go to two or three inches and really see a difference.

-- Long cardigans or tunic. If you wear shirts or sweaters that hit you right the waist, it stops the eye right there. Longer cardigans and shirts keep the eye moving down the whole length of your body.

-- The right underwear and bras. No clothes look right if you have lumps under your arms or on your back because your bra doesn't fit well or lines where your underwear cuts into your hips or tush. Getting well-fitting undergarments can transform your whole apprearance.

What are your best wardrobe ideas to hide trouble spots?

ŠiStockphoto.com/PeskeyMonkey  

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJane
by Jane:) on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this
T shirt and jeans. Hides it all! ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:18 AM

I need some tips .Thanks.

Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:21 AM
1 mom liked this

A proper steel boned corset

powow65
by kimmy on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:25 AM
Don't need to be tall.
I'm 5'5", I'm fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Preach it!

Quoting MamaJane:

T shirt and jeans. Hides it all! ;)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:04 AM

different colors!

othermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Good tips

delanna6two
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Full tops that are not fitted.

Juniper53098
by June on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I don't need to look taller (I'm 5'8"), but I try to hide my stomach.  To do that, I wear a belt at my rib cage level, to emphasize the smallest part of my waist.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Oversized shirt

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: