Do you think my husband is trying to tell me something? LOL update

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:00 AM
  • 46 Replies

Yesterday he replied to a friend's status about being excited for VDay:

Love day was invented to raise greeting card and flower sales.

I said:

Luckily, Paul saw the racket for what it was and refused to comply, thus ensuring no sentimental gifts would be bestowed upon me. My hero.

and he replied:

She's so full of it, my presence is gift enough.

Right, cause I love to see the back of his head as he plays computer games.

Then TODAY before I even got up, he posted these two gems on facebook:

and

He's probably going to argue that getting up with the kids and "letting me sleep in" counts for something, even though all he did was grouch at them and wake me up.

Well, I'm going out for lunch and a movie with my friend. She can be my valentine.

*UPDATE*

LMAO he just posted this on my fb page

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frankiesma530
by Krissy on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:01 AM

those are funny though.  Just tell him you want to do something today!

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:03 AM
2 moms liked this

LOL MEN!! I told my dh my two DS's are my valentines! Ds (4) made me a card at school and was super excited ! And my little guy 7 months slept well last night so that was my gift lol!!bear with heart

heydooney
by Danielle :) on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:04 AM

They are kind of funny but I have never ever been like the girl in the top one. If we are in a tight place and I say don't get me anything, I mean it! He acts like he's so persecuted, and I've never been pushy about it.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Awww....Hope you have a GREAT day anyway..Lunch and a movie sounds real good..

heydooney
by Danielle :) on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

And I'm going to casually mention today that Steak & A BJ Day (3/15) is a no-go as well...

heydooney
by Danielle :) on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Thanks, I love hanging out with this friend, but she has 2 boys with autism and I have 3 crazy boys, so it's always a madhouse when we get together. So glad we are getting some "just us" time.

Plus her hubby is a manager at the theater so he's getting us free tickets. Woot woot!

Quoting lil_mama06:

Awww....Hope you have a GREAT day anyway..Lunch and a movie sounds real good..

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Sometimes I think you just have to say it straight out if you want your man to understand... If having a sweet gift on VDay matters to you, tell him face to face.

I think the cartoons are funny, but I can understand being disappointed. I hope you have a nice time with your friend.

heydooney
by Danielle :) on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Yeah... I wasn't about to pout all day and let it bother me. I told him I know he thought he was being funny and "messing with people" but all he's really doing is showing them how much of a jerk he is, lol. I think he got it and he apologized.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Sometimes I think you just have to say it straight out if you want your man to understand... If having a sweet gift on VDay matters to you, tell him face to face.

I think the cartoons are funny, but I can understand being disappointed. I hope you have a nice time with your friend.

flowerfunleah
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Maybe he's just acting this way to surpise you later!

Threes.Company
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:27 AM
LOL! Oh my!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: