Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Naturally Beautiful or Made up?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:14 PM
  • 55 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm not a girly girl. I HATE dresses, I prefer barefeet and dressing up is a pain for me. (Although you can still look cute in the right pair of shorts with a cute top)

That being said, over the weekend my stepdaughter gave me a makeover. She helped me curl my hair, did my makeup and got me into a great maxi dress paired with my favorite sweater.

needless to say-that bonehead husband of mine made a small fuss over me wearing make up. Not because he hates makeup-but in his words "You're naturally beautiful, you don't need make up to look pretty"

After he recovered from the frying pan being thrown at his head-he said I looked beautiful no matter what (He tells me this often enough that I know he's sincere)

So, for all you mommies-if you rarely wear makeup-does your SO/hubby say anything? And if you always wear makeup-does he still love your face when it's naked?

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:20 PM
I rarely wear makeup, but when I do DH usually compliments me. He is happy with my natural face! :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tigress22304
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

I rarely wear makeup, but when I do DH usually compliments me. He is happy with my natural face! :-)

DH says he's afraid to come near me when I'm wearing make up-in case he "smudges" it lol and prefers my natural face as well.

But when I do wear makeup-i get a lot more compliments from strangers and family.

delanna6two
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:27 PM

lol...enjoyed reading your post....I like makeup but don't really wear it any more.....I don't think it matters with dh.

SassyWildflower
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:28 PM

i wear makeup from time to time..not daily..sometimes not even weekly. My husband says he doesn't have a preferance that he just loves me no matter what. He constantly tells me i'm beautiful so I believe him =)

yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I dont wear makeup often, but when i do my husband comments on it.. "wow where are you going? you look great!" lol.. is some of the things he says.  Usually he likes me without makeup because he says I look young and beautiful anyway and when I do put some on he looks at me as if I was up to something lol..

Tigress22304
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Quoting delanna6two:

lol...enjoyed reading your post....I like makeup but don't really wear it any more.....I don't think it matters with dh.

thank you :)

reading another post got me to thinking about this lol

Tigress22304
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Quoting SassyWildflower:

i wear makeup from time to time..not daily..sometimes not even weekly. My husband says he doesn't have a preferance that he just loves me no matter what. He constantly tells me i'm beautiful so I believe him =)

awwww yay!!

Tigress22304
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Quoting yvonne37:

I dont wear makeup often, but when i do my husband comments on it.. "wow where are you going? you look great!" lol.. is some of the things he says.  Usually he likes me without makeup because he says I look young and beautiful anyway and when I do put some on he looks at me as if I was up to something lol..

the first time i wore makeup around dh-it was to a family dinner (thanksgiving with my family)

I got all dolled up and the first thing he said "Who are you and where did you hide my gf?"

he doesn't get overly suspicious about it, but there times he asks why do I even bother wearing it. (because I wear full makeup very rarely)

delanna6two
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:36 PM

you're welcome:)

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting delanna6two:

thank you :)

reading another post got me to thinking about this lol

critter_boo
by Sarah on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Its very rare for me to wear make up but he loves when I do
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN