Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

depo or implanon

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:00 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

what do you ladies think?

i am trying to choose

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crystalplus1
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Depo sucks. I was bleeding for 2 weeks every two weeks. I gained like 30 lbs. Ive been off of it for almost 2 years, and im still messed up.

Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I gained wait and lost all sexual drive on the depo. I am not personally injecting anythign in myself.

Kaybean
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Neither! Bc is terrible for you, has bad side effects, puts you at risk of all kinds of complications and increases your chances of breast cancer. We use the rhythm method and I take charge of my fertility on my own. If a woman can track her cycles and use back up methods during her fertile time, there is no need for manmade drugs. We don't even use back up methods. We just do pull out in conjunction with watching my fertile time. It has worked for over 5 years, unless we have DTD inside during ovulation and I'm a very fertile person.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mami2oneboy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Do NOT get the depo shot I HATE IT it made me gain a lot of weight I wish someone told me I wouldn't have use it. I'm on the patch now and I like it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:23 PM

SAY NO TO DEPOdevil

dusky_rose
by Sue on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:46 PM

I've done depo before, more than once. Some women have negative reactions to it, but all it did to me is make my period go away.

~ From your friendly neighborhood Sue :-) <3 ~

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I know a couple of women who got pg using depo

boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:49 PM

depo sucked bad for me, i had all the symptoms of pregnancy except a cute baby at the end, i even gained 20 lbs in one year, and after that I've never been able to get back to my original size

momkaribg
by Kari on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Agreed. It's terrible I gained 40 pounds with this and have had trouble ever since.

Quoting DACIA79:

SAY NO TO DEPOdevil

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ZacksMommy17
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Please explain the rhythm method?

Quoting Kaybean:

Neither! Bc is terrible for you, has bad side effects, puts you at risk of all kinds of complications and increases your chances of breast cancer. We use the rhythm method and I take charge of my fertility on my own. If a woman can track her cycles and use back up methods during her fertile time, there is no need for manmade drugs. We don't even use back up methods. We just do pull out in conjunction with watching my fertile time. It has worked for over 5 years, unless we have DTD inside during ovulation and I'm a very fertile person.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN