Called the IRS today!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:21 AM
  • 68 Replies

I made a post the other day about how much I hated the IRS and that we filed on the 28th of Jan, got accepted on the 30th, and still had no infomation about our return... wellllll

Today was our 21 days, we called, and to make a long story short its under review. We will get a form in the mail, should be by the end of the week. We are to make sure our tax info that was submitted is correct and sign and return. It could take a few weeks. A friend of mine told me that they are flagging people with dependants because of so much tax fraud last year, and its mainly to people who used an online program vs an actual preparer..... Well Guess what, Next year, we will be going back to H&R block b/c I dont have time for the bullcrap! 

Now my dilema is still the same, Our tags run out on the 28th, the car is old, and doesnt work well and cost to much to fix it, so it will NOT pass inspection. We will be without a car come march 1st.

And if your going to tell me that I am an irresponsible person and should plan for these things, and that you shouldnt count on your tax return as a source of income or whatever, Save it! Unfortunatly SOME families dont have is a good as others and depend on that return to pay for things they need because the extra funds are just not there any other time.

Oh and if you have been waiting and waiting on a return and have not gotten anywhere yet, contact them because apparently they arent doing crap unless you call. GOOD LUCK!

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:24 AM
That's aggravating! I hope it gets sorted out and you get paid quickly. Being a car down is no good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Hopefully the review goes quickly. You can get a tax advocate for free to help move the process along if it goes too slowly... I can't remember the website for tax advocates, but if you Google it you should be able to find the basic info on the IRS website.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:54 AM

That sucks. Hopefully you get it soon

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:01 AM

oh no!!! I'm sorry I'm going to a tax guy this year because I did a quick guestimate and it said I would owe! 

crabbyD
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM

That's very frustrating!

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:10 AM

we depend on our tax money to help pay bills too, so no bashing here! we survive paycheck to paycheck too, if we have extra we save.

i guess lesson learned, go to a preparer! we have dh's mom's boss (CPA) do our taxes, its nice! idk when we are getting them though..

kirstensmommie
by Joy on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Ugh that sucks. I bet that's what is holding my taxes up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PoehlerBear1983
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Sorry you have to deal with all this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krise
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM

wow... we almost did the online crap this year but chickened out and just went to H&R Block. I'm glad I did.

my4loves4
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM

H&R was just as bad this year! i file with them every year and never had issues until this year. I called to check the status of my return because people who filed after me where already getting theres back! They said it had been accepted by the irs on the 5th, well my card finally activated and i checked it and it said the irs didnt accept it until the 15th. The irs tracking site still claims they havent received it, idk whhats going on but it cost me almost 300 to file through HR i think they should figure out wth is going on! I could of done it online for 30. i went through them to AVOID this hassle!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: