Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Living: My favorite kitchen item is...

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 46 Replies

Do you have a kitchen item that you just love? That you use everyday...or whenever you use it, you smile a goofy smile and think, "I am SO glad I have this!" It could be anything: the microwave that saves you oodles of time, the jar opener-gripper-doohickey that pops open the tomato sauce with ease preventing wrist strain, bamboo tongs to grasp toast from the toaster avoiding knuckle burns and electric shock, that collapsible colander you use to rinse veggies, pasta and fruit.

Mine? It sits there. Taking up precious counter space. It blinks this annoying bright blue light to tell me when it needs more water. It wasn't cheap. All qualities I shouldn't overlook...but I do...because I love it. I adore it. I need it.

My Keurig coffee maker.

Okay, sure, "need" is a strong word. This may be an unhealthy obsession, I know this...but it is an amazing machine. Makes a great cup of coffee in record time. Not a lot of rinsing of carafes or washing grinds off the counter.

They are silly, lazy reasons to love my coffee maker. I totally, 100% realize this...but sometimes that is the way it goes right? Like loving The Bachelor or Real Housewives.

For just pure fun, ladies, what is your favorite tool or appliance in the kitchen?

©iStockphoto.com/ hidesy    

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Oh, I do love my K-cup maker too... Especially now that they have all the iced drinks!

My other favorite appliance is my small Ninja chopper. I detest chopping veggies, so I use that thing almost every day.

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:16 AM
This is hard. The coffee maker gets used the most.but I love my kitchen aid mixer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by Sue on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:21 AM

I love my Keurig, because now I don't have to use my microwave to make a cup of hot water. LOL It comes in really handy when cooking.

LifeCafe42
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:47 AM
My kitchen aid mixer is my absolute favorite item in my kitchen
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:49 AM

My mr iced tea maker of course.  That thing can save me tons of money and brews perfectly each time.  I may upgrade him on my birthday to a newer one.

bether89
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:54 AM

My microwave is my favorite.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:25 AM

My knives. I can do without a lot if necessary, but not my knives.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:26 AM

I love mine as well.

Quoting frndlyfn:

My mr iced tea maker of course.  That thing can save me tons of money and brews perfectly each time.  I may upgrade him on my birthday to a newer one.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Oh gosh... My crock pots! Yes, I have 3.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by Pam on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Keurig, crock pot and dishwasher. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN