Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Living: My favorite kitchen item is...

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you have a kitchen item that you just love? That you use everyday...or whenever you use it, you smile a goofy smile and think, "I am SO glad I have this!" It could be anything: the microwave that saves you oodles of time, the jar opener-gripper-doohickey that pops open the tomato sauce with ease preventing wrist strain, bamboo tongs to grasp toast from the toaster avoiding knuckle burns and electric shock, that collapsible colander you use to rinse veggies, pasta and fruit.

Mine? It sits there. Taking up precious counter space. It blinks this annoying bright blue light to tell me when it needs more water. It wasn't cheap. All qualities I shouldn't overlook...but I do...because I love it. I adore it. I need it.

My Keurig coffee maker.

Okay, sure, "need" is a strong word. This may be an unhealthy obsession, I know this...but it is an amazing machine. Makes a great cup of coffee in record time. Not a lot of rinsing of carafes or washing grinds off the counter.

They are silly, lazy reasons to love my coffee maker. I totally, 100% realize this...but sometimes that is the way it goes right? Like loving The Bachelor or Real Housewives.

For just pure fun, ladies, what is your favorite tool or appliance in the kitchen?

©iStockphoto.com/ hidesy    

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-46):
she_walk_softly
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Haha! I like my wooden spoons too.

Quoting yvonne37:

One of my fav has to be my wooden cooking spoons, I love that they dont scratch my pots and I dont know why it makes me feel like I am cooking like granma! lol..

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:17 PM

electric apple peeler

alliesmom112
by Sandy on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I love my Pampered Chef Easy Baker. Or my Mix and chop I love love love it!!

mommythree0508
by Corinne on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Crockpot
Ladyisis
by Jenn on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I use my new toaster almost everyday. Other than that we don't have favorite appliance and tool right now. We really need upgrade everything and buy new items. Thanks for sharing.

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:49 PM

My Keurig, and my Kitchenaid. Don't make me pick between them!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)