Group Home

deep freezers

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:29 AM
  • 22 Replies
Just wondering if you have one ? Big or small ? We are thinking about getting one of the small like 3.5 cubic ones .. give me your feedback please .. which brand ect .... :) !
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:18 AM
IDK but I'm curious! I want one as well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:19 AM

BIG--size of a regular refrigerator.  I never thought I would need or use one but love that I have space for when I hit a good sale!  I believe it is a Frigidaire.

Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:47 AM

I have a large Frigidaire. We got it 20 years ago and it works perfectly. Absolutely zero complaints.

PoehlerBear1983
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:23 AM
I wish i had one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a 7cu ft freezer. I don't know what brand it is (it's in the garage so I can't easily check right now) I got it at Lowe's for like $130, it keeps things frozen...not sure what more someone would want in a freezer. LOL.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:18 AM

We have a large one. I love it because I can stock up on things when they're on sale, and I freeze a lot of produce when it's in season, like now strawberries are in season where I live, and I can get them cheap, so I just froze 3 flats last week-end. I also do a lot of double batch cooking. I make double the recipe and then freeze half for later. Also buy whole turkey, large beef or pork roasts when on sale, cook and freeze in meal size portions. My son has a small one and he loves it. They really do save you a lot of money if used wisely.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a large upright. My parents have a chest freezer. The upright makes it easier to organize and see what you have. I just cleaned out my parents' and there was 6 yo meat in there they didn't know about.
wandep
by Pam on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:41 AM

We want one of the 3.5 freezers but haven't gotten one yet...They usually cost about the same all over. We priced them once. 

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:45 AM
We have a chest-style one and I really like it... We had an upright growing up and I feel like that was harder to arrange/rummage through. Nothing is going to fall out of my chest freezer! But also I'm on the taller side, so I don't have any issues reaching the bottom of it.
lillucky8
by Jen on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:12 AM
I have an enormous stand up one in my basement. Its great to stock up during sales
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. deccaf
  2. SweetLuci
  3. egyptian_mommy
  4. mrswillie
  5. TigerofMu
  6. jconney80