Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: It’s Umbrella Month!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 42 Replies

We have three black ones, a yellow one and a pink and white Hello Kitty one. I'm talking umbrellas, folks. Did you know March is Umbrella Month? No? Well, now you do!  I always have a tendency to lose umbrellas, so I don't spend a whole lot of money on them, but they are a necessity here in the city where we walk so much, even if it's dripping and dropping from the skies. Such an amazing tool, it dates back to ancient China and Greece, though it was in the 1800s that the kind we know came to be. So many ways to celebrate our rain-shielding friend, here's a few odes to the umbrella.

This will never get lost among the sea of black umbrellas. With a trim of happy yellow to brighten any rainy day, the bubble balloon is over at Amazon.

For some reason, I'm just digging this peacock umbrella, kind of chic, but different enough to be a tad kitschy. Nab it at Amazon.

Over on CatherineMarissa at Esty, this sterling silver ring is a cute dainty way to show your love of rainy days and that which helps you through it.

We all need a place to store ‘em, so why not get a cool umbrella holder for your entryway? Skinny, sleek, mod...the Polder Slimline stand is super cool from Amazon.

Wear your umbrella love proudly with this cool t-shirt from Zazzle. I adore it because is has the city skyline with a pop of color via that yellow umbrella. The cool thing is you can get it on a variety of colors and styles of Hanes t-shirts.

What color is your umbrella? How about your kids' umbrellas? Do you lose your umbrellas often?

©iStockphoto.com/ Skodonnell 

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Mine is black. I do not use them often. My kids don't have one.

Kainalu55
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:47 AM

we have a gray one and a polka dot one for the kids.  I really like that peacock one though

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:04 AM

I want a bubble one.  I think those are fun.  DD has a minnie mouse one for bus stop.

BeachMommy07
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:10 AM

I like the umbrella storm. I have a dark pink and a black umbrella. I usually hang it up after leaving it outside to dry. I haven't lost it yet, knock on wood!

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:44 AM
I have a really ugly green one that we grabbed during an unexpected storm a few years ago... We usually prefer rain jackets and boots to umbrellas! :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
deedee3849
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:55 AM

I have several. The one I like is a compact one that fits in my bag if needed. I do lose them alot!

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:58 AM

We don't use umbrella's..Never have really....

kgmmw
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:04 AM
I don't have one but my kids do.
Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:12 AM

I like that umbrella holder and that Tshirt. Cute!

We have a few umbrellas! Purple, blacks, red. I also want to get one for DS3 and my nephew. They love Thomas so I want to get them one with a raincoat and rainboots!

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:57 AM
I have one black one and a pink one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)