Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you live up stairs or has up stairs in your home/apartment?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:05 AM
  • 31 Replies
is it a blessing or a curse to walk walk walk up & down them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chillemi78
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Mixed. My hips hurt so bad during my pregnancy, stairs were awful. And I have asthma, so when it is acting up, a flight of stairs might as well be Mt. Everest. But otherwise, the exercise is great. Stairclimbing is excellent for the heart. It can be tiring for sure, so I tend to have a spot to pile stuff up and grab what I can for each trip up or down.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by Jane:) on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:09 AM
I don't mind them but I do try to combine trips :) like just now my son ask for medicine for a headache and I thought the pain reliever was downstairs. I went down there only to realize it was up here. Not happy lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:29 AM

1st floor living here...I can't have stairs, I have a lung issue and that would be a pita for me!

powow65
by kimmy on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:29 AM
my knee is acting up at times but yep. Loving the excerise.

Quoting chillemi78:

Mixed. My hips hurt so bad during my pregnancy, stairs were awful. And I have asthma, so when it is acting up, a flight of stairs might as well be Mt. Everest. But otherwise, the exercise is great. Stairclimbing is excellent for the heart. It can be tiring for sure, so I tend to have a spot to pile stuff up and grab what I can for each trip up or down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:31 AM

we live in a townhome in an apartment complex...I honestly dont mind the stairs ..before this we lived on the third floor no I hated that lol gorcery shopping was not fun 

powow65
by kimmy on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:31 AM
lol! Ouch. Yep, we moved & we're still "backwards" with everything!

Quoting MamaJane:

I don't mind them but I do try to combine trips :) like just now my son ask for medicine for a headache and I thought the pain reliever was downstairs. I went down there only to realize it was up here. Not happy lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
powow65
by kimmy on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:34 AM
(hugs) sorry hun. That must be hard if you do go to familys house & there's stairs.

Quoting BeachMommy07:

1st floor living here...I can't have stairs, I have a lung issue and that would be a pita for me!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:35 AM

My house is a 3 story with lots of steps. When we first got the house i thought it was a great way to get exercise. Now that I'm a bit older I kick myself for nixing the plans for an elevator.LOL!!

powow65
by kimmy on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:36 AM
ow! I could not deal with a 3rd floor! (true!)

Quoting KelliansMom:

we live in a townhome in an apartment complex...I honestly dont mind the stairs ..before this we lived on the third floor no I hated that lol gorcery shopping was not fun 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
powow65
by kimmy on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:38 AM
i guess maybe? Time to save $$$ for a elevator (a guess?)

Quoting inmybizz:

My house is a 3 story with lots of steps. When we first got the house i thought it was a great way to get exercise. Now that I'm a bit older I kick myself for nixing the plans for an elevator.LOL!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN