Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Too sexy, too early?

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:23 AM
  • 53 Replies

Is 9-Years Old Too Young For Victoria’s Secret Underwear?

by ADMIN on 03/05/2013 · 0 COMMENTS

A mom named Jenny Erikson stirred up a bit of controversy last month after her blog on a popular parenting blog talked about her future plans to take her now 9-year old on a trip to Victoria’s Secret to buy some nice underwear. From her blog:

“As the mom of a girl that is soon going to decide she doesn’t want cartoon characters on her underwear, and will be wearing a bra sooner rather than later, I’m going to have to figure out where we’re going to purchase them. It’ll probably be Victoria’s Secret — and I have no problem with that. I even like that fact that they are marketing toward a younger audience. What’s wrong with having fun, bright-colored underwear? Girls change all the time in front of each other — for sports or recreational activities that require it, at slumber parties or camp, for the school play … no one wants to be the girl with the ugly underwear.”

What do you think the appropriate age for fancy underwear is – is there one?

SOURCE

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyWildflower
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Just saw this story on the news and couldn't understand why on EARTH a mom would let her kid have sexy undies =/

I don't think it's appropriate at all.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Not appropriate at all
::shaking head::

KelliansMom
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Victoria Secret has a lot of normal cute and regular looking underwear too.....those I could see getting for a girl if they fit properly ....the thongs and "sexy" ones no I wouldnt be getting for a child

wandep
by Pam on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:39 AM

nope

delanna6two
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I would not consider until much older...

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:42 AM

wayyyyy too early unless they are the plain bikinis. i never wore VS until after high school, i was too little anyway

critter_boo
by Sarah on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Smh inappropriate
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Personally my stepdaughter does wear VS underwear (bought by her mother) however they are the boycut shorts-regular cotton underwear.

I don't think any child under the age of 16 should be wearing any "sexy" under garments. I understand there's a market for this stuff-but this is exactly why kids are growing up tooo fast-whatever happened to being a parent and saying No?

Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Ok I have taken my daughter to Justice and the underwear there are not that different from mine. I see nothing wrong with it if you monitor which cut the child gets. My 8 year old is wearing a size 12/14 girls and will need another option soon. Yeah I will take her there and get her regular underwear. Not all 8 year olds are built the same. My daughter is going to hit at least 6' tall if not higher.

Life.Happens
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Quoting KelliansMom:

Victoria Secret has a lot of normal cute and regular looking underwear too.....those I could see getting for a girl if they fit properly ....the thongs and "sexy" ones no I wouldnt be getting for a child

I agree with this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)