Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cheapo vacation...help!!

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:54 AM
  • 27 Replies
My family and I are going to Bremuda sands in may. This includes me our two boys who are five and eleven and my man :) this is in south Carolina it's a fifteen hour Drive. I want to know from you ladies how can I save money for this trip and while we are down there and what must I pack so this trip will go off wonderful. Please I really want my family to remember this trip. Thank u. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EbonySnow
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I have no idea sorry I've never been on vacay

ethans_momma06
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I've never been, but for a road trip that long I'd make sure you stock up on stuff to keep the kids occupied.

RigPrincess85
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:10 PM
We always bring a cooler and pack sandwhich meats, cheese, salad stuff, pb and j, buns, fruit, veggies, snacks and bottled water (and Disposible plates and cutlery). It's great to be able to bring that to the beach or even a quick lunch at the hotel. Dinners, have you checked into any local deals, specials? Does the place your staying offer continental breakfast? Buy all your sunscreen etc before you go, chances are they will have 'tourist' prices on stuff like that. Hit the dollar store up and make a roadtrip pack full of stuff for the kiddos in the car etc. dollar stores are also great for beach toys, buckets, pails etc.
RigPrincess85
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Www.gasbuddy.com is a great site that shows local gas prices so you can find the cheapest price nearest to you :)
HotMomma2622
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Yes the dollar store is our friend. Lol

Quoting RigPrincess85:

We always bring a cooler and pack sandwhich meats, cheese, salad stuff, pb and j, buns, fruit, veggies, snacks and bottled water (and Disposible plates and cutlery). It's great to be able to bring that to the beach or even a quick lunch at the hotel. Dinners, have you checked into any local deals, specials? Does the place your staying offer continental breakfast? Buy all your sunscreen etc before you go, chances are they will have 'tourist' prices on stuff like that. Hit the dollar store up and make a roadtrip pack full of stuff for the kiddos in the car etc. dollar stores are also great for beach toys, buckets, pails etc.
wandep
Hope everyone has a great week!!! It's almost Christmas time!!!
29 minutes ago
by Pam on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:27 PM

This..and take your camera! :)

Quoting RigPrincess85:

Sophie4910
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:32 PM
I agree!

Quoting RigPrincess85:

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Yes packing lunches saves a ton! Also if you can drive at night while the kiddos sleep and switch driving with so, you can save getting a hotel.

Save now by cutting back extras like eating out and Starbucks or gas station trips. Figure out how much you spend on that stuff and put it in a vacation fund instead.
amyjane22
by Amy on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Pack food so you go out to eat less often.  Look online (ahead of time) for free attractions in the area and for coupons to use for those that charge.  

lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:15 PM

i always look for a place that has a continental breakfast, pack things to take for lunch and carry the crockpot to cook supper in. bring all your groceries from home instead of buying them there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN