Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scary

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:55 AM
  • 33 Replies

Someone wrote on a school wall that there was a bomb at my dds' school yesterday.Police came and found nothing.What makes me mad is that the school didnt even call parents until 2 hours after school was out and the school was never evacuated.These threats should be all taken seriously

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:00 PM

i cant believe after all that has happened that they did not evacuate the school.

Bradensmommy719
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:00 PM
I know when I was at school we got them all the time. They locked down the school and searched it. When nothing was found we would go back to normal schedule. If they let parents now they would show up demanding to take their kids and it would wreck havoc on trying to do the search. Also trying to get all the kids out is not easy so they don't usually treat it as a fire drill.

It is scary when you isn't know what is happening till after the fact. I hope they find the person that made the threat and punish them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deadlights86
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:05 PM

When I was in school there was 4 different highschools in 2 semi connected buildings and when there was a bomb threat they evacuated the school. It was early in the morning though when kids were still getting to school. I called my dad and he came and got me it was cold and I wasn't about to stand outside for 3 hours while they searched the buildings.

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

I know when I was at school we got them all the time. They locked down the school and searched it. When nothing was found we would go back to normal schedule. If they let parents now they would show up demanding to take their kids and it would wreck havoc on trying to do the search. Also trying to get all the kids out is not easy so they don't usually treat it as a fire drill.

It is scary when you isn't know what is happening till after the fact. I hope they find the person that made the threat and punish them.

mackiebugsmom
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Wow that is scary!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:42 PM

wow i'm surprised they didnt take it seriously! :(

SassyWildflower
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:56 PM

the same thing has been happening here a lot lately. 

Threes.Company
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Yeah, anytime there are threats like that it is very nerve-racking.

MamaMandee
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Wow! How scary!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommythree0508
by Corinne on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Scary stuff

EbonySnow
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd be angry too and I'd be at that school having a convo with that principal

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN