Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: 5 Cool Card Cases

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 43 Replies

I have, no joke, 30 cards stuffed into my wallet right now (not counting my license). And maybe a third of those are ones I really need to have with me every day, all the time (like my school id, insurance cards for me and the kids, debit and emergency credit card, AAA, etc.). Everything else is loyalty cards from stores, gift cards, discount cards, etc....things I like having but I don't need fast access to all the time.

So I really want to buy myself a card holder to stuff all these non-essential cards into, along with stashing my own business cards and ones I get from other people. It could just go into my bag with my wallet, but I wouldn't be fishing through a bunch of loyalty cards to get to my debit card at the store. Here's five cute ones I found:

Etsy is fertile ground for these; I found a bunch of pretty, kind of indie/hipster card cases and some really stylish ones. I covet this yellow leather one (La Lisette via Etsy, $25) and think these bright, funky cloth ones make a good, more affordable alternative (AnneliseDay via Etsy, $8).

This teal wallet from Dream Out Loud by Selena Gomez is roomy enough for lip balm (I am addicted) and some cash if you want to ditch your purse-wallet combo entirely and just pop something in your pocket. (Kmart, $5.99).

I like the patent leather style of this DiVoga foldable wallet and the fact it has a zippered slot for coins and a clear ID window. (OfficeMax, $3.50).

Finally, this metal one reminds me of vintage cigarette cases (which would actually make cool card holders as well, if you can find them). Sleek and stylish for a humble library card! (Amazon, $16.99).

How many cards are in your wallet...or do you keep them someplace separate?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:36 AM
I actually carry a card case instead of a wallet for all my stuff
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:40 AM
I have a separate pocket in my purse for those loyalty cards... A card carrier would be much easier to transfer to another bag, though!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SassyWildflower
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:16 AM

i have a ton!! i keep them in a lettle section of my wallet.

yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

love these!  but I keep  mine in a wallet style holder and I put other stuff in it too.  I was debating if I should get me a card holder like this so I can see what I have.

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:46 AM

These are cute!

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:03 AM

i have so many cards!!

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I have too many cards in my purse! I need something like this to use for mine. Some cute ones!

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I have  my cvs cards,debit card,and walgreens card.I keep them in the zipper part of my purse

Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I have about 15 and they are just in the slides of the wallet I have a big one

MamaMandee
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:12 AM
I dont have to many & they fit just fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN