Group Home

Smarter Living: A Few Fabulous Organization Lifehacks

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 38 Replies
1 mom liked this

I love discovering lifehacks, you know, cool new ideas that make Life that much easier. So many folks love to share what they've come up with...Lifehacker is one of my favorite sites, Pinterest has tons of cool ideas, blogs galore feature them. There are tons of Lifehacks for technology and work, even some for parenting....but my favorites are organization hacks. Here are some of my faves:

Use undersink tension rods to hold spray bottles - Use those smaller sized tension rods to hang your bottles of Windex and 409, which give you so much more space on the floor of the cabinet. You can see it in action on this pin here.

Go paperless - This is one of the best tips organization gurus give. Managing your bills and banking without the hassle of stamps and envelopes, let alone the piles of mail, having it all on your computer...again, think of those piles of bills gone - poof! - from the kitchen counter.

Put a shelf over bathroom doors - A great idea from Martha Stewart. It's a big area of totally wasted space. See a pic here of how you can store towels and other things...freeing up precious linen closet shelves for things you don't want folks to see.

Use a hamper as a portable gift-wrapping station - Love this one as I have rolls of wrapping and ribbons that just seem to be everywhere. A clothes hamper tall enough to fits those rolls is great and just use over the door hooks to hang little bags of whatever else you need: ribbon, scissors, tape, markers, bags. Great idea from HomemadeSimple.

Have a space for everything - We've discussed this before, but everything in your home needs a place. If the pile of sweaters is busting out, then find a different place to house the sweaters. If you are just tossing and cramming into drawers, you have too much in there. If everything has a place, you will use your stuff more often. If you don't have enough space, then you have too much stuff.

Have a donation box - In the laundry room or the bottom of the hall closet or the basement, have a donation box. For toys, clothes, other things you run across, have a bin or a box to toss them. It gives it a place, gets it out of your wardrobe or kid's toy cubbies and makes room for things you do need to get to...it's all about have a space for everything.

Do have a great lifehack? Share it below!

ŠiStockphoto.com/Marek Uliasz 

by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flowerfunleah
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Tfs! Great tips!

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 8:39 AM

These are great ideas! I need places for some things that are just anywhere!

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Great tips. I love the hamper thing. I currently use a large gift bag, but this looks so cute.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Love these ideas! I dont have any good tips

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:29 AM
I really like the under sink idea... I could use more room there for sure!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by Pam on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Cool thanks :)

fraujones
by Amanda on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I use a hamper as a portable gift wrapping station. Nice tips. I'll have to check out the lifehack site.

yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:55 AM

great ideas! i will be looking into puting a shelf over the doors now, I think that is a great idea.  I store stuff in plastic containers with lids under beds.

delanna6two
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Thanks for the info:)

EbonySnow
by Desiree on Mar. 12, 2013 at 12:21 PM

we are actually in the middle of a sort and purge and its freeing up so much space! I'm taking pics of stuff thats going so when I'm done I can look back and see just how much junk we got out of our house

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. TheJerseyGirl
  3. sunshinepraying
  4. deccaf
  5. SweetLuci
  6. mrswillie