Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Very Nervous....Update in Purple.

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:10 AM
  • 29 Replies

So I was telling my mom how pissed off I was about my sister refusing to watch DS for me for a few hours tomorrow. This conversation happened two days ago. Well the conversation really bit me in the butt. She offered to watch him. I immediately declined and then she got VERY offended. I started to tell her that DS is only 3 and needs a lot of attention. She works night shift so she will not be able to get any sleep. She said it would be fine.

This woman once told me I should spank my son because we are having issues with his potty training. This woman often says things that are a little hurtful to my nieces without realizing it was offensive. She yells when she is upset and over reacts to little things.

I have never let her watch him before.
I am letting her watch him for about 4 hours tomorrow. I know she loves him very much and my nieces were older when she said hurtful things, but I dont want him to get his feelings hurt. He is still kinda joined at my hip and will be really upset when I leave. I dont know if I am doing the right thing..

What do you think?

**Update**

Well it all worked out and DS had a great time ! My mom said that he didnt even cry once ! I am soo happy ! :)

My sister even brought my nieces over there to play with him for the last hour that he was there and he LOVES his nieces. :)

I think I might let her watch him again sometime. :)

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:41 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:47 AM

I hope all goes well,
maybe make it less than 4 hours if at all possible.
Please let us know how it goes ;)

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Quoting hugss:

I hope all goes well,

I will try , but its a 45 min drive each way, so its going to be a little hard.

CafeMom Tickers
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:41 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Ahh that will make it harder then,
Still hoping for less than 4 ..
And you can always call to say hi :)

Quoting Wish2Be:

Quoting hugss:

I hope all goes well,

I will try , but its a 45 min drive each way, so its going to be a little hard.

PoehlerBear1983
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Ok this is just my opinion but if you dont like your mom watching your kid dont complain to her about someone else not watching him. That being said it was nice of her to offer to watching him and her knowing you are nervous Im sure she will be extra attentive especially since this is her first time watching him.

My life is the opposite i wont let my sister watch my kids unless its during the day and an absolute emergency. I dont like that she smokes in the house and while i believe in spanking for a good reason she thinks i dont smack my kids enough. Ds2 is severely ADHD so i could just imagine how that would go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Quoting PoehlerBear1983:

Ok this is just my opinion but if you dont like your mom watching your kid dont complain to her about someone else not watching him. That being said it was nice of her to offer to watching him and her knowing you are nervous Im sure she will be extra attentive especially since this is her first time watching him.

My life is the opposite i wont let my sister watch my kids unless its during the day and an absolute emergency. I dont like that she smokes in the house and while i believe in spanking for a good reason she thinks i dont smack my kids enough. Ds2 is severely ADHD so i could just imagine how that would go.

I have to agree here..

artistmom27
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:45 AM

*hugs* I hope it goes well

SassyWildflower
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Agree

Quoting BeachMommy07:

Quoting PoehlerBear1983:

I have to agree here..

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by CeeCee on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Good luck.

Apr1l
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Quoting BeachMommy07:

Quoting PoehlerBear1983:

I have to agree here..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mereinhart28
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I agree too. Good luck OP.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Agree

Quoting BeachMommy07:

Quoting PoehlerBear1983:

I have to agree here..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)