This Guy is *kinda* stalking me on Craigslist. Freak!!

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:05 AM
  • 40 Replies

The house I'm living in now, the previous owners left a dresser, I didn't want it so I put it on craigslist. I NEVER put my address on craigslist but did list my cell phone number. The way craigslist ads work is if you need to delete the ad, you have to go into your email, click the ad and delete ad if item your listing is no longer avail. So I accidently one day deleted a bunch of emails, and this *dresser* ad was one of them, so I can't delete the ad.

Flash forward so over the weekend on Sat. morning, this man (sounds young maybe 20s) called me 3-4 times and left a message about this dresser. I texted a reply back and said it's no longer avail. He calls AGAIN. I tell him, hey I"m sorry forgot to delete ad, it's gone' we hang up. So this morning I wake up to a text message from this person-'Can I PLEASE have the dresser? PLEASE? Dresser FREE.' Dude-seriously? This was sent at 1:10am. WTH? I'm being stalked over a free dresser. Ridiculous.

by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyWildflower
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:11 AM

crazzzyyy!!! can you blacklist his number?

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:19 AM

which is why i NEVER EVER put my number out there.

yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:21 AM

That is scary. can you block his number?

mommysangelface
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
You can delete it by going onto craigslist and signing in to your account
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I've never had a problem before and I've met very nice people-one time this girl came to buy a daybed from me that I was selling and I was going through my divorce-and she said she had a cute brother to fix me up with. lol. I've met people from all over this is the first BAD encounter I have come up with. Just a weirdo.

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

which is why i NEVER EVER put my number out there.

momma-flynn
by Greta on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:43 AM
That's why we only buy off CL & never sell stuff. I block my number when I call with questions. I just don't trust people.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:45 AM

You can go on to craigslist and delete it. I do it all the time. You just log in to your craigslist account if you have one and delete them. That is so messed  up that the person keeps calling.

wandep
by Pam on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:51 AM

yeah never put your number there....they can email you and it is private they don't actually see your email. At least that is how I think it works.

mackiebugsmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Wow that would freak me out!
critter_boo
by Sarah on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Crazy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: