Group Home

How much do we have in common? Share your story!!

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:08 PM
  • 1036 Replies
13 moms liked this

Let's see how much we have in common!

To play along, post things about yourselves so we can all get to know you better.

For example, you can post where you live or used to live, how many kids you have, how many siblings you have, what you or your spouse does for a living, etc.

See what the other moms are sharing and if you find a mom that has something similar to you, quote that mom by clicking on the "QUOTE" button and share what you have in common! The more information you share about yourself, the more chances you will have of finding others that share your common subject.

A little about me.

I'm a Navy brat who became an Air Force wife.

While a Navy brat we lived in Indiana, where I was born, Connecticut, Virginia, Hawaii, North Carolina, Washington state, Scotland and now here in South Carolina.

I broke my elbow when I was six.

I'm a cereal junkie and refuse to admit how many different boxes we have in our home right now. I have been known to eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Though not necessarily all in the same day.

I have one sister who is 5 years older than me and she has two grown sons. I love being their aunt and now a great auntie to my oldest nephew's daughter, Kennedy Belle.

I was married 9 years before DH and I had our son who is now 13. Althought DH was in the Air Force for 22 years, we never moved.  He was stationed at the same base the entire time.

My mom lives about an hour away and we see her at least once a month. I lost my dad to stomach cancer last April. I still have one grandparent alive, my granny who just turned 92.  She's a pistol.  We love to play canasta when we are together.

Our family loves camping and we take the RV out  several times a year. Usually to the mountains,  the beach or the lake. We are headed to the upper part of South Carolina next month.

My first car was a royal blue VW Bug. Man, I loved that car.  My dream car would be a Jeep Wrangler, soft top, two doors. I can just see myself cruising around in it.

I don't have one single tattoo and neither does my husband. My 72 year old mom has four. 

We have a cat, a dog and a beta fish. 

I love the show Psych. Literally makes me LOL.

I have seen every episode of  the Brady Bunch multiple, multiple times, don't judge me. ;0)

by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Threes.Company
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:18 PM
I love my nieces and nephews, too. :) And we camp also!

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

To play along, post things about yourselves so we can all get to know you better.

For

example, you can post where you live or used to live, how many kids you have, how many siblings you have, what you or your spouse does for a living, etc.

See what the other moms are sharing and if

you find a mom that has something similar to you, quote that mom by

clicking on the "QUOTE" button and share what you have in common!
 The more information you share about yourself, the more chances you will have of finding others that share your common subject.

A little about me.

While a Navy brat we lived in Indiana, where I was born, Connecticut, Virginia, Hawaii, North Carolina, Washington state, Scotland and now here in South Carolina.

I have one sister who is 5 years older than me and she has two grown sons. I love being their aunt and now a great auntie to my oldest nephew's daughter, Kennedy Belle.

I was married 9 years before DH and I had our son who is now 13. Althought DH was in the Air Force for 22 years, we never moved.  He was stationed at the same base the entire time.

My mom lives about an hour away and we see her at least once a month. I lost my dad to stomach cancer last April. I still have on grandparent alive, my granny who just turned 92.  She's a pistol.  We love to play canasta when we are together.

Our family loves camping and we take the RV out  several times a year. Usually to the mountain, the beach or the lake. We are headed to the upper part of South Carolina next month.

My first car was a royal blue VW Bug. Man, I loved that car.  My dream car would be a Jeep Wrangler, soft top, two doors. I can just see myself cruising around in it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I am a SAHM mom, formerly a middle school math teacher.

I have two brothers, one older (police officer) and one younger (aerospace engineer).

My older brother is getting a divorce and has two kids, whom I babysit twice a week.

My younger brother has a serious girlfriend he wants to propose to this year.

My DH and I met in college.

We dated for 4 years before getting engaged, were engaged for a year before getting married.

We've been married since July 2006, so this year will be our 7th anniversary.

My husband is a CPA and works for a large firm in Chicago.

I have lived in the Chicagoland area my entire life, except for when I went to college at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

We love to camp and take vacations to the beaches of Michigan as a family each year.

I teach religious education for my church.

I work out a LOT. I do triathlons, which requires a lot of training.

When it is nice outside, I like to do long distance running.

I am in an Adult Jazz & Hip-Hop class -- I danced for many years as a child and used to compete.

I like to sew and make hairbows for my DD.
I drive a Honda Odyssey minivan.
Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:30 PM

My BIL is a police officer in MO.I don't do triathalons but I have started with 5Ks.
I like to sew as well and we own a Honda CRV. :o)

Quoting Threes.Company:

I have two brothers, one older (police officer) and one younger (aerospace engineer).

My older brother is getting a divorce and has two kids, whom I babysit twice a week.

We dated for 4 years before getting engaged, were engaged for a year before getting married.

I have lived in the Chicagoland area my entire life, except for when I went to college at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

We love to camp and take vacations to the beaches of Michigan as a family each year.

I am in an Adult Jazz & Hip-Hop class -- I danced for many years as a child and used to compete.

lasombrs
by Sara on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I am 29 and live in NH I grew up near the Cape in Mass, and lived in FL for 5 years. I have 2 kids, ds is 3 1/2 and has a lot of medical problems and is special needs. DD is 20 months old. My mom died when I was little, my dad took off after. I lived on my own to finish highschool, dropped out of college because i couldn't work and go to school. i had my son at 25

ethans_momma06
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I'm a SAHM too!

Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on Mar. 12, 2013 at 2:10 PM

My BFF's sister lives in Keene, NH. I just saw pictures yesterday where they are tapping the maple trees.

What an inspiration you are!

Quoting lasombrs:

I am 29 and live in NH I grew up near the Cape in Mass, and lived in FL for 5 years. I have 2 kids, ds is 3 1/2 and has a lot of medical problems and is special needs. DD is 20 months old. My mom died when I was little, my dad took off after. I lived on my own to finish highschool, dropped out of college because i couldn't work and go to school. i had my son at 25

Threes.Company
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 2:36 PM
I had my first child at 25, too!

Quoting lasombrs:

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Mar. 12, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm an Air Force brat! We lived in Samoa and I live in Indiana now. I also have a great niece and nephew because there's 9, 13 and 15 year between my siblings and I.

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

For
example, you can post where you live or used to live, how many kids you have, how many siblings you have, what you or your spouse does for a living, etc.

See what the other moms are sharing and if
you find a mom that has something similar to you, quote that mom by
clicking on the "QUOTE" button and share what you have in common!
 The more information you share about yourself, the more chances you will have of finding others that share your common subject.

A little about me.

My mom lives about an hour away and we see her at least once a month. I lost my dad to stomach cancer last April. I still have one grandparent alive, my granny who just turned 92.  She's a pistol.  We love to play canasta when we are together.

Our family loves camping and we take the RV out  several times a year. Usually to the mountain, the beach or the lake. We are headed to the upper part of South Carolina next month.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Mar. 12, 2013 at 2:45 PM
What year were you at u of I? My sis and bil both graduated from there. My sis was a middle school teacher too. Lets see, she would have graduated like 85 lol ok that's probably way before you but stil :) I was born in champaign.

Quoting Threes.Company:

Threes.Company
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 2:46 PM
I graduated from U of I in 2003. :) I was actually born in 81, so they were there when I was 4. ;) How funny that you were born there! Where do you live now?

Quoting MamaJane:

What year were you at u of I? My sis and bil both graduated from there. My sis was a middle school teacher too. Lets see, she would have graduated like 85 lol ok that's probably way before you but stil :) I was born in champaign.

Quoting Threes.Company:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. deccaf
  2. SweetLuci
  3. egyptian_mommy
  4. mrswillie
  5. TigerofMu
  6. jconney80