Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much do we have in common? Share your story!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Let's see how much we have in common!

To play along, post things about yourselves so we can all get to know you better.

For example, you can post where you live or used to live, how many kids you have, how many siblings you have, what you or your spouse does for a living, etc.

See what the other moms are sharing and if you find a mom that has something similar to you, quote that mom by clicking on the "QUOTE" button and share what you have in common! The more information you share about yourself, the more chances you will have of finding others that share your common subject.

A little about me.

I'm a Navy brat who became an Air Force wife.

While a Navy brat we lived in Indiana, where I was born, Connecticut, Virginia, Hawaii, North Carolina, Washington state, Scotland and now here in South Carolina.

I broke my elbow when I was six.

I'm a cereal junkie and refuse to admit how many different boxes we have in our home right now. I have been known to eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Though not necessarily all in the same day.

I have one sister who is 5 years older than me and she has two grown sons. I love being their aunt and now a great auntie to my oldest nephew's daughter, Kennedy Belle.

I was married 9 years before DH and I had our son who is now 13. Althought DH was in the Air Force for 22 years, we never moved.  He was stationed at the same base the entire time.

My mom lives about an hour away and we see her at least once a month. I lost my dad to stomach cancer last April. I still have one grandparent alive, my granny who just turned 92.  She's a pistol.  We love to play canasta when we are together.

Our family loves camping and we take the RV out  several times a year. Usually to the mountains,  the beach or the lake. We are headed to the upper part of South Carolina next month.

My first car was a royal blue VW Bug. Man, I loved that car.  My dream car would be a Jeep Wrangler, soft top, two doors. I can just see myself cruising around in it.

I don't have one single tattoo and neither does my husband. My 72 year old mom has four. 

We have a cat, a dog and a beta fish. 

I love the show Psych. Literally makes me LOL.

I have seen every episode of  the Brady Bunch multiple, multiple times, don't judge me. ;0)

by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Replies (171-180):
RobinChristine
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I too have a special needs son. Thor is now 17YO,he survived multiple strokes when he was 6 weeks old. His story is on my homepage. I have lived in Ohio all my life. I tried moving to New haven,In for services for Thor but the waiting list was 8-10 years long. We came back to Toledo. I am a SAHM,I have worked on/off over the years. DH and I knew each other 5 weeks and were married,we have been together 20 years. We lost 3 kids to miscarriage. I have 2 younger sisters and 1 younger brother  that are bio. On my mom's side i have 2 step sisters and a step brother. On my dad's side I have 3 of each step sibbling. I read,crosss titch,embroid and enjoy walking. i am also active in support groups and  church activities.

Quoting lasombrs:

I am 29 and live in NH I grew up near the Cape in Mass, and lived in FL for 5 years. I have 2 kids, ds is 3 1/2 and has a lot of medical problems and is special needs. DD is 20 months old. My mom died when I was little, my dad took off after. I lived on my own to finish highschool, dropped out of college because i couldn't work and go to school. i had my son at 25

iamcafemom83
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm 29...also a navy brat. I was born in Keflavik, Iceland while my family was stationed there. both my parents met while in the navy, my mom got out after she found out she was pregnant, by choice.

We bounced about but mainly my childhood was spent in Virginia beach, VA and later in Jacksonville, fl after my parents split when I was 10. I still live in Jax! How it has changed over the years here.

I have a love of the Spanish (although I don't speak it well and can read it ok) language and all things law and order....seriously...before kids my dream job was to be in the police force (like a detective) and fluent in Spanish.

After high school, I got the opportunity to travel to England and South Africa for a month. It was the trip of a lifetime! I love both places.

I worked at target since I was 16, quit after my second child was born when I was 26. It is a great company to work for.

Now I am a sahm and have one in pre-k. Hard to believe kindergarten starts this fall....that REALLY did go by fast. My son is 3 and stays with me full time, shch a mamas boy. I'm not sure what I will end up doing when it's time for me to go back to work. Right now, I am working hard on myself, physically. 2013 is my turn around year:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I was born in NJ, and have lived in Seattle, Wa since high school.

I have 4 sons, 1 adopted, 1 foster and 2 biological.

2 of my children have pretty severe special needs. 1 has west syndrome and has had multiple brain surgeries, and 1 has cerebral palsy.

We are "regulars" at children's hospital.

I am a strict vegetarian, as are my children. My husband is a vegan.

I became a mom at 20

My kids are 10, 9, 6, and 1.

I am a liberal democrat

I don't have any pets (yay!)

I love to read!
delanna6two
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I enjoy being online/internet, music, collecting easy recipes, and thrift store/discount shopping.

delanna6two
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I enjoy being online/internet, music, collecting easy recipes, and thrift store/discount shopping.

MamaMandee
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Oh yeah tonight is going to be so good. I cant wait to watch Brandon lose it!

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

Love my Survivor! Gonna be crazy tonight with Brandon. What the heck is happening there???

Quoting MamaMandee:

Im watching HK right now too. I watch AI also. Only caught BGC a few times. Im a big fan of the CBS reality shows: Survivor, Big Brother & The Amazing Race.

Quoting artistmom27:

Right now I am watching Hell's kitchen, Bad girls club, American Idol

Quoting MamaMandee:

What are some of your favs?

Quoting artistmom27:

I live for reality TV!

Quoting MamaMandee:

Im a mom to 3 kids, two girls 5 & 14 and one boy 9.

My DH has 3 more kids but they dont live with us, cuz 2 are adults.

I love frogs.

I currently live in Indiana but have lived in Washington, Oregon, Cali, Colorado & Penn.

I went to nanny school. (Yes there is such a thing & its way harder than you might think).

I love reality TV.

Im currently hungry & wish dinner was ready lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Your avatar is so pretty!

Quoting delanna6two:

Elyssa414
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:56 AM
That's beautiful!

Quoting DanaG70:

Of Course. =)

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

Do you have pictures of your jewelry?

DanaG70
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Thank you!

Quoting Elyssa414:

That's beautiful!

Quoting DanaG70:

Of Course. =)

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

Do you have pictures of your jewelry?

Elyssa414
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:58 AM
I love that you own a raw food business! My husband is vegan, and me and my kids are strict vegetarians.

Quoting GypsiSky:

I'm a SAHM. I own my own raw foods business. My husband is in corporate law. I've been a raw vegan for almost 7 years now. We have always wanted a large family and plan to have 10 children. We currently have 7... And counting. They are 16 to 6.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)