Group Home

How much do we have in common? Share your story!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Let's see how much we have in common!

To play along, post things about yourselves so we can all get to know you better.

For example, you can post where you live or used to live, how many kids you have, how many siblings you have, what you or your spouse does for a living, etc.

See what the other moms are sharing and if you find a mom that has something similar to you, quote that mom by clicking on the "QUOTE" button and share what you have in common! The more information you share about yourself, the more chances you will have of finding others that share your common subject.

A little about me.

I'm a Navy brat who became an Air Force wife.

While a Navy brat we lived in Indiana, where I was born, Connecticut, Virginia, Hawaii, North Carolina, Washington state, Scotland and now here in South Carolina.

I broke my elbow when I was six.

I'm a cereal junkie and refuse to admit how many different boxes we have in our home right now. I have been known to eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Though not necessarily all in the same day.

I have one sister who is 5 years older than me and she has two grown sons. I love being their aunt and now a great auntie to my oldest nephew's daughter, Kennedy Belle.

I was married 9 years before DH and I had our son who is now 13. Althought DH was in the Air Force for 22 years, we never moved.  He was stationed at the same base the entire time.

My mom lives about an hour away and we see her at least once a month. I lost my dad to stomach cancer last April. I still have one grandparent alive, my granny who just turned 92.  She's a pistol.  We love to play canasta when we are together.

Our family loves camping and we take the RV out  several times a year. Usually to the mountains,  the beach or the lake. We are headed to the upper part of South Carolina next month.

My first car was a royal blue VW Bug. Man, I loved that car.  My dream car would be a Jeep Wrangler, soft top, two doors. I can just see myself cruising around in it.

I don't have one single tattoo and neither does my husband. My 72 year old mom has four. 

We have a cat, a dog and a beta fish. 

I love the show Psych. Literally makes me LOL.

I have seen every episode of  the Brady Bunch multiple, multiple times, don't judge me. ;0)

by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Replies (181-190):
Maries_Mom23
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm a SAHM.  Been one since our 9 year old was 20 months.

Daniel and I have been together 14 years, married for 11 of those.

We met when I was pregnant by my ex.  Before I met Daniel, I had already decided on adoption.  He supported me the whole way.

Our girls are 9 and 5.

I was in a bad car wreck at age 19, I was not the driver.  This caused me to never want to drive, but, I got my license 4 years ago, at the age of 30!

We don't do "vacations."  We do day trips and maybe an overnighter.  We do 2 trips a month in the summer and the girls love it.

We bought a season pass to the aquarium in January..it's 4 hours away, but, it's the girls' FAVORITE place to go.

We live in West Virginia.

I have no siblings.

DH and I are both atheists.

I want to be more crafty, I'm slowly getting there!  LOL..

One thing I am doing lately is upcycling.  I went to the ReStore place the other day and found a wooden door that we are going to sand down and paint neon pink for the 9 year old's room...it's going to be a headboard.  

I'm pretty boring, huh?  LOL..

BeAmour
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:01 AM
2 moms liked this
27yo
Born 1985, scorpio.
Born in Norfolk, VA.
Moved to NC at 8 and then FL at 16.
I am the only child.
I clogged for 13 years.
I am a Phlebotomist
I'm an EMT
I'm in the EMS Academy in college to get a B.S. degree in Paramedicin and Fire Science and have a year left.
I married a soldier and subsequently divorced 5 years later.
I have one amazing little boy who is 4 3/4 (do not forget the 3/4)
My favorite colors are pink and black.
I only will wear Nike Shox.
I graduated with a 3.7 GPA in high school in 2004.
I workout daily and intensely.

I'm thinking that's it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ginnygurl97
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Oh yeah! At least my poor brother will finally have another male in the house! And his daughters are aged 14, 11, 10, 7, and 3. The 10 and 11 yr old are actually like 2 years apart. The one turned 10 in January, and the 11 yr old turns 12 on the 29 of this month. He definitely had his hands full! He says its not right that I only have boys, I do not want a daughter lol, and he has all the girls. The 14 yr old is thankfully a big tomboy and has little interest in boys right now. She's more concerned about getting straight A's so she can be in all advanced courses when she gets to high school next year. She says she has plenty of time for boys later and makes fun of her friends who cry after less than a month of dating lmao. She's definitely one unique little spark plug. And she's quite pretty too.

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

Five daughters? Wow!  That new baby boy will be the hit of the house I am sure.

Quoting Ginnygurl97:

I'm a northern transplant to Florida as well. Where in FL are you? I'm in Orlando. I'm a vet tech :-) which rescue do you work w? I've been all over the state pretty much. Lived in west palm beach area, highlands county Sebring/lake placid area, and up near Daytona.

I have 2 boys, one 8 and one almost 3 mos. I married my high school sweetheart at 19 and he was in the navy for 8 years. Got divorced when he got out. Too many deployments changed him and not for better :-( about 2 yrs ago, right after my divorce lol, I met the love of my life :-) and have never been happier :-)

My bother has 5 daughters and his wife is pregnant w their first boy!!! They say they're done after this one lol :-)

Quoting momofsixangels:

I am Mom to 5 girls and 1 boy

I grew up in MN

Moved to fl when I was 17

My dad was a sergeant for the mn highway patrol

My Mom worked different jobs

I lost my Dad 9 years ago and my Mom last year both to alzheimers

I raise money for alzheimers

I am a huge animal lover and help a dog rescue

I love to clip coupons

I played clarinet in the school band all my school years

I love to bake

My fav holiday is Thanksgiving

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HaileysMom07180
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I am 29 years old, i have 1 dd who is 6.  I am a geek, love me some star wars and lord of the rings.  My parents are divorced but own their own companies, my mom owns a local club in our town and my dad owns his own financial advisory company.  he remarried and he has twins that were born 6 days before my dd was born.  Dh and i struggle we have college degrees but not enough experience to get employed.  Mainly because we have the same degrees that all the accellerated schools (theres about 7 in this area) have.  those schools spit out freshly graduated students every month.  we also only have call centers here, i don't like call centers, so we are going to be possibly moving to Alaska, they need it ppl and medical billers badly cuz i guess ppl that get degrees leave.

Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:04 AM

That whole family has issues!

His uncle gets kicked off BB and now looks like he might get kicked off Survivor?

I usually DVR Survivor and watch Idol. I think tonight it's going to have to be the other way around. I won't be able to wait to watch.

Quoting MamaMandee:

Oh yeah tonight is going to be so good. I cant wait to watch Brandon lose it!

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

Love my Survivor! Gonna be crazy tonight with Brandon. What the heck is happening there???

Quoting MamaMandee:

Im watching HK right now too. I watch AI also. Only caught BGC a few times. Im a big fan of the CBS reality shows: Survivor, Big Brother & The Amazing Race.

Quoting artistmom27:

Right now I am watching Hell's kitchen, Bad girls club, American Idol

Quoting MamaMandee:

What are some of your favs?

Quoting artistmom27:

I live for reality TV!

Quoting MamaMandee:

Im a mom to 3 kids, two girls 5 & 14 and one boy 9.

My DH has 3 more kids but they dont live with us, cuz 2 are adults.

I love frogs.

I currently live in Indiana but have lived in Washington, Oregon, Cali, Colorado & Penn.

I went to nanny school. (Yes there is such a thing & its way harder than you might think).

I love reality TV.

Im currently hungry & wish dinner was ready lol

boshs1andonly
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

at the time it just made the most sense since i had a lot of child care experience. it worked out really well though. dh and i were just talking about taking a family vacation in a few years and how it would be nice to bring a nanny with us, since we'll have 2 under 5 (we're still working on number 2 lol). 

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

Nice! When I was younger I fantasized about being a nanny for someone and traveling the world with them. ;o)

Quoting boshs1andonly:

I loved it. the family was really good to me, they were the ones that encouraged me to go back for my master's. i went to the little girl's 3rd birthday last year, I can't believe how big she's gotten...

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

Did you enjoy being a nanny?

Quoting boshs1andonly:

I married my high school sweetheart too, we'll be celebrating our 7th anniversary this summer. 

When I was in college, I worked at the college daycare for some extra cash, and when working retail started to burn me out, I became a nanny for a year while I figured out my next step. 

Quoting MamaJane:

I have 3 kids and a small day care. I'm closing the daycare down in may though to go teach preschool at a local daycare.

I'm active in my daughters highschool band. I chaperone, move equipment, wash uniforms, provide food, run concessions, etc. I really enjoy it. State prelims for indoor percussion are this weekend. Wish us luck :)

I've been married to my highschool sweetheart for 16 years.

I have taught kickboxing.

I'm training for a mini marathon that's in may.

I've done many beach body workouts like p90x, insanity, turbo fire, hip hop abs, x2.

Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:05 AM

My husband lived in Alaska as a child. He LOVED it.

Quoting HaileysMom07180:

I am 29 years old, i have 1 dd who is 6.  I am a geek, love me some star wars and lord of the rings.  My parents are divorced but own their own companies, my mom owns a local club in our town and my dad owns his own financial advisory company.  he remarried and he has twins that were born 6 days before my dd was born.  Dh and i struggle we have college degrees but not enough experience to get employed.  Mainly because we have the same degrees that all the accellerated schools (theres about 7 in this area) have.  those schools spit out freshly graduated students every month.  we also only have call centers here, i don't like call centers, so we are going to be possibly moving to Alaska, they need it ppl and medical billers badly cuz i guess ppl that get degrees leave.

Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I'm a Scorpio.  Clogging is huge in our state of SC.

LOL on the 3/4.

Quoting BeAmour:

27yo
Born 1985, scorpio.
Born in Norfolk, VA.
Moved to NC at 8 and then FL at 16.
I am the only child.
I clogged for 13 years.
I am a Phlebotomist
I'm an EMT
I'm in the EMS Academy in college to get a B.S. degree in Paramedicin and Fire Science and have a year left.
I married a soldier and subsequently divorced 5 years later.
I have one amazing little boy who is 4 3/4 (do not forget the 3/4)
My favorite colors are pink and black.
I only will wear Nike Shox.
I graduated with a 3.7 GPA in high school in 2004.
I workout daily and intensely.

I'm thinking that's it.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Quoting MamaMandee:

I played the clarinet in jr high.

Quoting momofsixangels:

I am Mom to 5 girls and 1 boy

I grew up in MN

Moved to fl when I was 17

My dad was a sergeant for the mn highway patrol

My Mom worked different jobs

I lost my Dad 9 years ago and my Mom last year both to alzheimers

I raise money for alzheimers

I am a huge animal lover and help a dog rescue

I love to clip coupons

I played clarinet in the school band all my school years

I love to bake

My fav holiday is Thanksgiving

I bet I couldnt play it now.Lol

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Quoting HaileysMom07180:

Wow alaska! That will be cold

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. deccaf
  2. SweetLuci
  3. egyptian_mommy
  4. mrswillie
  5. TigerofMu
  6. jconney80