Group Home

How much do we have in common? Share your story!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Let's see how much we have in common!

To play along, post things about yourselves so we can all get to know you better.

For example, you can post where you live or used to live, how many kids you have, how many siblings you have, what you or your spouse does for a living, etc.

See what the other moms are sharing and if you find a mom that has something similar to you, quote that mom by clicking on the "QUOTE" button and share what you have in common! The more information you share about yourself, the more chances you will have of finding others that share your common subject.

A little about me.

I'm a Navy brat who became an Air Force wife.

While a Navy brat we lived in Indiana, where I was born, Connecticut, Virginia, Hawaii, North Carolina, Washington state, Scotland and now here in South Carolina.

I broke my elbow when I was six.

I'm a cereal junkie and refuse to admit how many different boxes we have in our home right now. I have been known to eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Though not necessarily all in the same day.

I have one sister who is 5 years older than me and she has two grown sons. I love being their aunt and now a great auntie to my oldest nephew's daughter, Kennedy Belle.

I was married 9 years before DH and I had our son who is now 13. Althought DH was in the Air Force for 22 years, we never moved.  He was stationed at the same base the entire time.

My mom lives about an hour away and we see her at least once a month. I lost my dad to stomach cancer last April. I still have one grandparent alive, my granny who just turned 92.  She's a pistol.  We love to play canasta when we are together.

Our family loves camping and we take the RV out  several times a year. Usually to the mountains,  the beach or the lake. We are headed to the upper part of South Carolina next month.

My first car was a royal blue VW Bug. Man, I loved that car.  My dream car would be a Jeep Wrangler, soft top, two doors. I can just see myself cruising around in it.

I don't have one single tattoo and neither does my husband. My 72 year old mom has four. 

We have a cat, a dog and a beta fish. 

I love the show Psych. Literally makes me LOL.

I have seen every episode of  the Brady Bunch multiple, multiple times, don't judge me. ;0)

by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Replies (141-150):
Felicity532
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:53 AM

We test drove a hyundai the other day. Do you like yours?

Quoting Katelynmomof2.:

I am a single mom of boy/girl twins. They're 3.5.

I have 2 older brothers and 1 younger sister. My oldest brother passed away. He would be 28. My other brother is engaged and has a 1 year old son and another baby due in September. He's 27. My sister is much younger than me. We're 11 years apart.

I currently live in Florida where I was born and raised. I will be moving in September to NY.

I drive a Hyundai Accent. Um what else? I can't really think of anything...

Katelynmomof2.
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I love it. I've had it since July and don't have any complaints.

Quoting Felicity532:

We test drove a hyundai the other day. Do you like yours?

Quoting Katelynmomof2.:

I am a single mom of boy/girl twins. They're 3.5.

I have 2 older brothers and 1 younger sister. My oldest brother passed away. He would be 28. My other brother is engaged and has a 1 year old son and another baby due in September. He's 27. My sister is much younger than me. We're 11 years apart.

I currently live in Florida where I was born and raised. I will be moving in September to NY.

I drive a Hyundai Accent. Um what else? I can't really think of anything...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
artistmom27
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Candice and Curtis are my two favorites.

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

American Idol tonight! Have a favorite yet?

Quoting artistmom27:

Right now I am watching Hell's kitchen, Bad girls club, American Idol

Quoting MamaMandee:

What are some of your favs?

Quoting artistmom27:

I live for reality TV!

Quoting MamaMandee:

Im a mom to 3 kids, two girls 5 & 14 and one boy 9.

My DH has 3 more kids but they dont live with us, cuz 2 are adults.

I love frogs.

I currently live in Indiana but have lived in Washington, Oregon, Cali, Colorado & Penn.

I went to nanny school. (Yes there is such a thing & its way harder than you might think).

I love reality TV.

Im currently hungry & wish dinner was ready lol

DanaG70
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:59 AM
3 moms liked this

Hi!

I'm 43 and have 4 kids, Michael will be 20 in May, Samuel will be 18 in June, Keeley who is 16 and Jonathan who is 14. Only Keeley lives with us, Samuel and Jonathan live with their dad and Michael lives in Omaha.

I was born and raised in the military, born Army and raised Air Force. My mom divorced my bio-dad when I was 18 months and married my dad (step-dad) when I was 5, he raised us and is 100% my dad. We lived in Colorado where I was born, Washington state, England, Virginia and back to Colorado after my dad retired. We ended up in Kansas where I graduated High school, had all four of my children and married all 3 of my husbands.

I have been with my current husband Mike for nearly 13 years and will be married to him 9 years in May. Since marrying Mike we have moved to Virginia, Iowa, Nebraska and now Michigan.

We have one dog, three cats and two parakeets. We put two of our beloved dogs down last year, both due to cancer.

I am a SAHM now, but worked for 10 years as a CNA until I went into retail. I now design jewelry which I'm trying to sell online. I'm also a photographer but only as a hobby right now.

Due to injuries I got on my back while working as a CNA I can't do any high impact exercises, such as running, but I do enjoy hiking and walking on the beach of Lake Michigan which is only about 45 minutes from our house.

Ginnygurl97
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:02 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm a northern transplant to Florida as well. Where in FL are you? I'm in Orlando. I'm a vet tech :-) which rescue do you work w? I've been all over the state pretty much. Lived in west palm beach area, highlands county Sebring/lake placid area, and up near Daytona.

I have 2 boys, one 8 and one almost 3 mos. I married my high school sweetheart at 19 and he was in the navy for 8 years. Got divorced when he got out. Too many deployments changed him and not for better :-( about 2 yrs ago, right after my divorce lol, I met the love of my life :-) and have never been happier :-)

My bother has 5 daughters and his wife is pregnant w their first boy!!! They say they're done after this one lol :-)

Quoting momofsixangels:

I am Mom to 5 girls and 1 boy

I grew up in MN

Moved to fl when I was 17

My dad was a sergeant for the mn highway patrol

My Mom worked different jobs

I lost my Dad 9 years ago and my Mom last year both to alzheimers

I raise money for alzheimers

I am a huge animal lover and help a dog rescue

I love to clip coupons

I played clarinet in the school band all my school years

I love to bake

My fav holiday is Thanksgiving

mereinhart28
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:07 AM

A little about me.

I'm a Navy brat who became an Air Force wife.

While a Navy brat we lived in Indiana, where I was born, Connecticut, Virginia, Hawaii, North Carolina, Washington state, Scotland and now here in South Carolina.

I have one sister who is 5 years older than me and she has two grown sons. I love being their aunt and now a great auntie to my oldest nephew's daughter, Kennedy Belle.

I was married 9 years before DH and I had our son who is now 13. Althought DH was in the Air Force for 22 years, we never moved.  He was stationed at the same base the entire time.

My mom lives about an hour away and we see her at least once a month. I lost my dad to stomach cancer last April. I still have one grandparent alive, my granny who just turned 92.  She's a pistol.  We love to play canasta when we are together.

Our family loves camping and we take the RV out  several times a year. Usually to the mountain, the beach or the lake. We are headed to the upper part of South Carolina next month.

My first car was a royal blue VW Bug. Man, I loved that car.  My dream car would be a Jeep Wrangler, soft top, two doors. I can just see myself cruising around in it.

love jeep wranglers!!!

ahalpern831
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:08 AM
2 moms liked this
I am also 29 and lived in Florida.

Quoting lasombrs:

I am 29 and live in NH I grew up near the Cape in Mass, and lived in FL for 5 years. I have 2 kids, ds is 3 1/2 and has a lot of medical problems and is special needs. DD is 20 months old. My mom died when I was little, my dad took off after. I lived on my own to finish highschool, dropped out of college because i couldn't work and go to school. i had my son at 25

siennasmamma
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

So do I!

Quoting yvonne37:

I live in NJ too! :)

Quoting Stevensmomma:

I am a SAHM of two boys ages 4 and 8 months

I live in NJ

We are a very active family who love animals and outdoors

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I have a dodge caravan. We started on the mini van band wagon early too. I was 22 when we got our first. And holy crap my hubby would die to have a charger. He has a ram and he goes down to the dealer he got it from and they let him sit in it every now and then lol.

Quoting MommyOfOnee:

I'm 20, have a 1 year old daughter, have 13 siblings (step and full), my parents are both recovering alcoholics and divorced 3 years ago and are both remarried. My father has a 2 year old son. I have always lived in Maine, Lincoln, Porter, Hiram, Brownfield. I have a wonderful fiance, we have a nice apartment and I'm a sahm. I have lived on my own since my 17th birthday. I love being a mommy, and I think I'm going to have 1 more in a few years. I drive a Dodge caravan, my first car was a Dodge caravan too lol. My dream car is a 73' Dodge charger (: I love to read, I love Nicholas sparks, and romance novels. I love CSI shows, like bones and such. I love walking, riding 4wheelers, going on long drives to different places, going to the zoo, etc. I love my dog, I'm a big animal lover.
Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I like Devin and Candice who is from my home state, SC.

Quoting artistmom27:

Candice and Curtis are my two favorites.

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

American Idol tonight! Have a favorite yet?

Quoting artistmom27:

Right now I am watching Hell's kitchen, Bad girls club, American Idol

Quoting MamaMandee:

What are some of your favs?

Quoting artistmom27:

I live for reality TV!

Quoting MamaMandee:

Im a mom to 3 kids, two girls 5 & 14 and one boy 9.

My DH has 3 more kids but they dont live with us, cuz 2 are adults.

I love frogs.

I currently live in Indiana but have lived in Washington, Oregon, Cali, Colorado & Penn.

I went to nanny school. (Yes there is such a thing & its way harder than you might think).

I love reality TV.

Im currently hungry & wish dinner was ready lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. amyjane22
  2. ceciliam
  3. childofgod04
  4. suziejax
  5. mrswillie
  6. SweetLuci