Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much do we have in common? Share your story!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Let's see how much we have in common!

To play along, post things about yourselves so we can all get to know you better.

For example, you can post where you live or used to live, how many kids you have, how many siblings you have, what you or your spouse does for a living, etc.

See what the other moms are sharing and if you find a mom that has something similar to you, quote that mom by clicking on the "QUOTE" button and share what you have in common! The more information you share about yourself, the more chances you will have of finding others that share your common subject.

A little about me.

I'm a Navy brat who became an Air Force wife.

While a Navy brat we lived in Indiana, where I was born, Connecticut, Virginia, Hawaii, North Carolina, Washington state, Scotland and now here in South Carolina.

I broke my elbow when I was six.

I'm a cereal junkie and refuse to admit how many different boxes we have in our home right now. I have been known to eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Though not necessarily all in the same day.

I have one sister who is 5 years older than me and she has two grown sons. I love being their aunt and now a great auntie to my oldest nephew's daughter, Kennedy Belle.

I was married 9 years before DH and I had our son who is now 13. Althought DH was in the Air Force for 22 years, we never moved.  He was stationed at the same base the entire time.

My mom lives about an hour away and we see her at least once a month. I lost my dad to stomach cancer last April. I still have one grandparent alive, my granny who just turned 92.  She's a pistol.  We love to play canasta when we are together.

Our family loves camping and we take the RV out  several times a year. Usually to the mountains,  the beach or the lake. We are headed to the upper part of South Carolina next month.

My first car was a royal blue VW Bug. Man, I loved that car.  My dream car would be a Jeep Wrangler, soft top, two doors. I can just see myself cruising around in it.

I don't have one single tattoo and neither does my husband. My 72 year old mom has four. 

We have a cat, a dog and a beta fish. 

I love the show Psych. Literally makes me LOL.

I have seen every episode of  the Brady Bunch multiple, multiple times, don't judge me. ;0)

by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Replies (921-930):
carolina_gal
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:26 AM

I love spending time at the ocean too. 

I Quoting LovelyMother961:

Hey,  I love being with my two fun loving children they are everything to me now...  I devorced my ex husband of this January of this year 2013.  Seperated in August of 2012  Being married for four years and four months ....

Now I'm working at a daycare and my kids come with me...    I'm trying to find me again,  Because my self-esteem was shot way down to nothing until I got up the nerve to brake it off with the x.    

Me...  Well   I love spring and Autam. Those are my favorit seasons...   I love seeing my children smile and growing up everyday....

I love the Ocean, hearing the water splash....  I love dolphins, dogs and all animals.

I like watching chick fliks and movies that have a good story to them....

It's crazy being single again....  I'm not looking for men.....  I'm angery at all men,,, In my mind there all the same. Until that one guy will show me that men are not all the same then maybe I'll consider it ... no promises....    It's to soon to date anyways...  If I did I would end up where I started... So no thanks...   My children come first...  And they already have a dad....  

Well that's a little about my life... 

wazette
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:17 AM

@ carolina_gal >I really don't mean to complain here I am sure my life is easy compared to someone else and my prayer life makes the tuff stuff more noise than anything solid . I actually enjoy me time and my pc social life where else can a girl visit friends in pajamas? :)  I am okay everyday alive is a good day to praise god in. but thank you for reading me.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:06 PM

We moved to Detroit when I was 7. After college my DH and I moved to Florida.

Quoting tessi_june:

It's crazy to see how many people are realitively near you on here. Where did you move to?

Quoting SweetLuci:

I was born in Shelby Gap, and still have relatives there and in Pikeville.

Quoting tessi_june:

I live in Pikeville. If you've ever heard of hillbilly daze you know where it is.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

I'm in Bowling Green =)

Love "meeting" fellow Kentuckians on this site =)

Quoting tessi_june:

I live in southeastern ky. What town are you from

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Im a sahm to two girls.

I met my husband in yahoo chat room over 8 years ago. Today is our anniversary.

Im a miscarriage survivor.

We are a native american family.

I was born and raised in the same southern kentucky town that we live in now but i have lived in my husbands home state of montana twice.

We love the outdoors. I grew up camping, hiking & fishing and love being able to do those things with my family.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:11 PM

I've done everything from tent camping with scouts to a travel trailer, to a motor home. Air conditioning and a comfy bed is the way to go!

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

What I do is not really camping.

It's RVing.  An RV with air conditioning, DVD player and microwave is not really camping. ;o)

Quoting Samanthamommy:

hubby tries to get me to camp

SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I'm sorry you are having such a rough time. hugs

Quoting wazette:

About me  I feel really old and really tired . life chewed me up and spit me out . 

I am on relationship number three . And the only man worth knowing Is Jesus ...So an older couple and I might add I feel the need to be a couple ...too many years working in the caregiver profession I guess I spent three months alone and it drove me crazy . I spend allot of time trying to remember my childhood memories lately ? And picking through my regrets cause I have a few . you know you lived when you have at least one. I had this childhood prayer to marry and grow old with one man ...that has come and gone I out lived #1 left #2 and am shacked up with #3...divorce will be final sometime this year so we can finally marry  . This relationship is a celibate one which in the beginning made me insane for so many reasons ....but today I see it as a gift and have made peace with this phase in our lives. God I feel has a plan and if I could just get out of his way it could be right nice . 

my best memories growing up are of the times animals were a part of my life Horse are my favorite . cats in my old age but dogs all in the middle . I have raised rotties and chihuahuas at the same time. 

my career has all been in the service to others nursing ,waitress, housekeeping, and my crowning jewel becoming a direct service employee working with the developmentally disabled adults in new mexico . I learned so much about myself those five years before I became disabiled from a fall at work. 

falling in 2003 ended life as I knew it suddenly I needed help and I hated my life as a cripple medication nightmares stories I know I grieved my ability to work at my old job the fact that they had to hire three people to replace me is touching but not very satisfying . 

this was the beginning of the end of my second marriage . I do not regret waiting until both kids grew up and were out of the home . I rather felt like I was released from some sort of prison when I finally left ...the weight that rolled off me still feels good today 7 years later 6 of them with this man . 

I do not know if I even need to marry this man we can just remain together and grow old and let the chips fall . factor in God and marriage matters . as it should . just don't know how much I can get right before my time is up ...I have heart issues and a car wreck in 2009 ruined what mobility I had left to where I exsist . it is very hard to socialize when a cough or sneeze could mean your bladder lets go{car wreck} I just do not run much . I shop close to home and pay our bills on line for the most part and only visit friends who understand my issues. all my years of careing for others in my condition has prepared me but ......I do not enjoy it . thanks for asking 

otherwise everything is just peachy ...:)

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I want an RV. My friends have one, and it's great.

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

What I do is not really camping.

It's RVing.  An RV with air conditioning, DVD player and microwave is not really camping. ;o)

Quoting Samanthamommy:

hubby tries to get me to camp

SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I have two children as well. Spring and Autumn are my favorite seasons as well. I love the ocean and we often see dolphins. I admire you thinking of your kids first, and waiting until you're ready to start dating again.

Quoting LovelyMother961:

Hey,  I love being with my two fun loving children they are everything to me now...  I devorced my ex husband of this January of this year 2013.  Seperated in August of 2012  Being married for four years and four months ....

Now I'm working at a daycare and my kids come with me...    I'm trying to find me again,  Because my self-esteem was shot way down to nothing until I got up the nerve to brake it off with the x.    

Me...  Well   I love spring and Autam. Those are my favorit seasons...   I love seeing my children smile and growing up everyday....

I love the Ocean, hearing the water splash....  I love dolphins, dogs and all animals.

I like watching chick fliks and movies that have a good story to them....

It's crazy being single again....  I'm not looking for men.....  I'm angery at all men,,, In my mind there all the same. Until that one guy will show me that men are not all the same then maybe I'll consider it ... no promises....    It's to soon to date anyways...  If I did I would end up where I started... So no thanks...   My children come first...  And they already have a dad....  

Well that's a little about my life... 

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

We actually have a lot in common. I had a terrible childhood....won't go into details, it was a long time ago. I also planned to stay married to the same man all my life, stay home and raise a house full of babies. Well, that wonderful man left me when I was pregnant with our third child. No education, no way to support us, and he never paid a dime of child support. The difference is, I met and married the most wonderful man in the world, and we just celebrated our 39th anniversary. I got a scholarship and went through nursing school. Worked as a nurse for 10 years in a hospital, then got into working with developmentally disabled adults and spent almost 30 years doing that. I loved every minute of it. I am now retired, but raising a 6 y/o great granddaughter. I have severe back problems, can't have surgery because of a clotting disorder that requires blood thinners. So I am having to accept help from people for the first time in my life, and it's not easy. But through it all, I know that God has a purpose for my life, and will help me fulfill that purpose. I hope things get better for you.hugs

Quoting wazette:

About me  I feel really old and really tired . life chewed me up and spit me out . 

I am on relationship number three . And the only man worth knowing Is Jesus ...So an older couple and I might add I feel the need to be a couple ...too many years working in the caregiver profession I guess I spent three months alone and it drove me crazy . I spend allot of time trying to remember my childhood memories lately ? And picking through my regrets cause I have a few . you know you lived when you have at least one. I had this childhood prayer to marry and grow old with one man ...that has come and gone I out lived #1 left #2 and am shacked up with #3...divorce will be final sometime this year so we can finally marry  . This relationship is a celibate one which in the beginning made me insane for so many reasons ....but today I see it as a gift and have made peace with this phase in our lives. God I feel has a plan and if I could just get out of his way it could be right nice . 

my best memories growing up are of the times animals were a part of my life Horse are my favorite . cats in my old age but dogs all in the middle . I have raised rotties and chihuahuas at the same time. 

my career has all been in the service to others nursing ,waitress, housekeeping, and my crowning jewel becoming a direct service employee working with the developmentally disabled adults in new mexico . I learned so much about myself those five years before I became disabiled from a fall at work. 

falling in 2003 ended life as I knew it suddenly I needed help and I hated my life as a cripple medication nightmares stories I know I grieved my ability to work at my old job the fact that they had to hire three people to replace me is touching but not very satisfying . 

this was the beginning of the end of my second marriage . I do not regret waiting until both kids grew up and were out of the home . I rather felt like I was released from some sort of prison when I finally left ...the weight that rolled off me still feels good today 7 years later 6 of them with this man . 

I do not know if I even need to marry this man we can just remain together and grow old and let the chips fall . factor in God and marriage matters . as it should . just don't know how much I can get right before my time is up ...I have heart issues and a car wreck in 2009 ruined what mobility I had left to where I exsist . it is very hard to socialize when a cough or sneeze could mean your bladder lets go{car wreck} I just do not run much . I shop close to home and pay our bills on line for the most part and only visit friends who understand my issues. all my years of careing for others in my condition has prepared me but ......I do not enjoy it . thanks for asking 

otherwise everything is just peachy ...:)

tessi_june
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:57 AM
I was raised in Athens, Ohio but we moved when I was 13 to Kentucky. I just haven't moved yet

Quoting SweetLuci:

We moved to Detroit when I was 7. After college my DH and I moved to Florida.

Quoting tessi_june:

It's crazy to see how many people are realitively near you on here. Where did you move to?

Quoting SweetLuci:

I was born in Shelby Gap, and still have relatives there and in Pikeville.

Quoting tessi_june:

I live in Pikeville. If you've ever heard of hillbilly daze you know where it is.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

I'm in Bowling Green =)

Love "meeting" fellow Kentuckians on this site =)

Quoting tessi_june:

I live in southeastern ky. What town are you from

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Im a sahm to two girls.

I met my husband in yahoo chat room over 8 years ago. Today is our anniversary.

Im a miscarriage survivor.

We are a native american family.

I was born and raised in the same southern kentucky town that we live in now but i have lived in my husbands home state of montana twice.

We love the outdoors. I grew up camping, hiking & fishing and love being able to do those things with my family.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by Jane:) on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:17 AM
Oh! My parents were stationed in Guam for the Air Force. It was way back in like 63-64. They road out one of the biggest typhoons ever while there. I wasn't alive yet but 2 of my siblings were there. I was with them in Samoa in 84-86 though.

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

Sounds like we have some stuff in common!  My sister is married to someone she has known over 10 years so, she's the odd ball!!  lol

Quoting SweetLuci:

Sounds like it's a tradition in your family of knowing each other a short time before being married for a long time!

Sorry your family is moving-that has to be tough.

I also lost babies, but have two living.

I volunteer at school.

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

I was born in Guam and into an Air Force family. 

I am the oldest of 2, my sister is 2 years younger.

We moved every 2-3 years and lived many places but settled in Ohio.

I met and married my husband within 5 weeks of eachother. 

Found out I was pregnant about 5 weeks after we were married.

I've lost 3 babies but, am blessed to have my Olivia(6) and Devin(3).

I am currently a sahm but, my trade is that of a Certified Medical Assistant.

I love volunteer work and still do it at my dd's former preschool, for her kindergarten class and for her Daisy troop.

My entire family (mom, dad, sister, bil, nephew) is moving to ND this year and I am sick about it.

My parent's married at 18 knowing eachother only 1 week and have been together 36 years this year.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN