Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much do we have in common? Share your story!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Let's see how much we have in common!

To play along, post things about yourselves so we can all get to know you better.

For example, you can post where you live or used to live, how many kids you have, how many siblings you have, what you or your spouse does for a living, etc.

See what the other moms are sharing and if you find a mom that has something similar to you, quote that mom by clicking on the "QUOTE" button and share what you have in common! The more information you share about yourself, the more chances you will have of finding others that share your common subject.

A little about me.

I'm a Navy brat who became an Air Force wife.

While a Navy brat we lived in Indiana, where I was born, Connecticut, Virginia, Hawaii, North Carolina, Washington state, Scotland and now here in South Carolina.

I broke my elbow when I was six.

I'm a cereal junkie and refuse to admit how many different boxes we have in our home right now. I have been known to eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Though not necessarily all in the same day.

I have one sister who is 5 years older than me and she has two grown sons. I love being their aunt and now a great auntie to my oldest nephew's daughter, Kennedy Belle.

I was married 9 years before DH and I had our son who is now 13. Althought DH was in the Air Force for 22 years, we never moved.  He was stationed at the same base the entire time.

My mom lives about an hour away and we see her at least once a month. I lost my dad to stomach cancer last April. I still have one grandparent alive, my granny who just turned 92.  She's a pistol.  We love to play canasta when we are together.

Our family loves camping and we take the RV out  several times a year. Usually to the mountains,  the beach or the lake. We are headed to the upper part of South Carolina next month.

My first car was a royal blue VW Bug. Man, I loved that car.  My dream car would be a Jeep Wrangler, soft top, two doors. I can just see myself cruising around in it.

I don't have one single tattoo and neither does my husband. My 72 year old mom has four. 

We have a cat, a dog and a beta fish. 

I love the show Psych. Literally makes me LOL.

I have seen every episode of  the Brady Bunch multiple, multiple times, don't judge me. ;0)

by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Replies (931-940):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:20 AM

It's beautiful there. We don't go back often, but I love it when we're there, and my kids love it, too.

Quoting tessi_june:

I was raised in Athens, Ohio but we moved when I was 13 to Kentucky. I just haven't moved yet

Quoting SweetLuci:

We moved to Detroit when I was 7. After college my DH and I moved to Florida.

Quoting tessi_june:

It's crazy to see how many people are realitively near you on here. Where did you move to?

Quoting SweetLuci:

I was born in Shelby Gap, and still have relatives there and in Pikeville.

Quoting tessi_june:

I live in Pikeville. If you've ever heard of hillbilly daze you know where it is.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

I'm in Bowling Green =)

Love "meeting" fellow Kentuckians on this site =)

Quoting tessi_june:

I live in southeastern ky. What town are you from

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Im a sahm to two girls.

I met my husband in yahoo chat room over 8 years ago. Today is our anniversary.

Im a miscarriage survivor.

We are a native american family.

I was born and raised in the same southern kentucky town that we live in now but i have lived in my husbands home state of montana twice.

We love the outdoors. I grew up camping, hiking & fishing and love being able to do those things with my family.

Scyuni83
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Hi! I am 29 getting ready to be 30 in May. I have been married 5 years this May. I have two sons age 7 1/2 and 4 1/2 and we are currently trying to get pregnant with a third. My husband and I conceived with my second child after only a week after I asked him out (after a month of hanging out as friends) and we got married when I was 7 months pregnant. I planned my wedding in 2 months.
My husband adopted my oldest yet we still have issues with the biological father. (Long story)
I never went to college thinking I could take a year off and ended up doing drugs for about 8 years and walked a very difficult road. I celebrated my 10 year reunion 2 years ago.
I am a Tupperware consultant after many many years of trying to find something I love, I finally found it. :)
I am a believer in Christ and am currently seeing Gods power working through my life.
I dislike video games but loved Rockband.
Music is my life. I feel it speaks to me on a supernatural level sometimes.
I love Mustangs. Especially the Shelby's.
I am over sensitive at times yet open for honesty.
I cannot stand being lied to.
I have tendencies towards obsessive compulsive.
I am ALWAYS on time. And by "on time" I mean, at least 15-20 mins early. If I'm actually on time, I feel late and start to panic.
I have 3 tattoos and would love to get more but feel like I'm running out of room since I want to be able to hide them when necessary.
I struggle with relationships especially the friend kind.
I have trust issues but feel I can be trusted. (Most times)
I cry a lot. During movies (like my mom), to certain songs, when I'm angry or upset, and when I feel blessed.
I don't do well with confrontation but I will be the first to admit when I'm wrong.

Is that too much? Lol ;)
RhiannonMare
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I'm an Air Force brat, married to another Air Force brat. Being raised in the miltary or married to a serviceman is a whole other world that civilians have a difficult time understanding. My ex-husband was in the Navy.

I was born in Michigan, lived in the Philippines as a child and raised in South Carolina (my father retired from the military when I was 5), where I live now. I've also lived in Tennessee.

I've been married twice, the first time for 9 years and the second time 12 and a half years so far. We got married on Friday the 13th.

I have a 19 year old son who wants to go to medical school and become a psychiatrist. He recently moved in with his boyfriend. I have no idea where all the time has gone and when he grew up! His guy is the perfect match for him.

I'm a full-time student in veterinary technology school and will graduate in December, 2015. Then I'll take the national exam and the state board exam and will be a licensed vet tech. I also have a BA in anthropology and a BA in English. DH is closing in on his Bachelors in accounting.

I'm a belly dancer, preferring to dance tribal fusion and Gothic style. So there is always Arabic/North African/Middle Eastern music playing in the house. I've also been a headbanger since the early 70s and listen to a lot of heavy metal. I also love Goth and the blues.

I'm a Pagan and have been a Druid for the past 30+ years.

I have one older brother. My mother recently turned 90. My father died 10 years ago at the age of 90.

Besides belly dancing and music, I also love to read, cook, travel, bead and attend Renaissance faires.

I have three tattoos and am planning plenty more for the future.

We have three cats.

darmanjo
by on May. 20, 2013 at 8:13 PM

I am a 37 year old single mom

i have a 16 year old daughter that is very intelligent and beautiful, she is a youth city council member for ward 7 in Washington DC amongst oher great accomplishments

i am a pescatarian and very interestein health and wellness

i am very busy with very little time for myself, i am a assistant director of 3 residential facilities, an EMT (PRN) for a private ambulance company,  I graduated from hair school in 2008 so i do hair, lashes, make-up and body wraps after work and mantain my online jewelry boutique.

my mom and my 20 year old sister lives 5 minutes away from me

i have 8 tattoos and 7 piercings

my first car was a red acura integra with a stick shift and  my dream car is a range rover

LadyH8910
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Howdy!! OK....

I was born in Lancaster, PA but grew up in Connecticut

I am going to be 40 in 6 days throwing up

I was married at 24 to a man 17 years older than me, divorced a few years later

Met my soulmate in 2003, still diggin' on him to this day

I've been a special ed teacher since 1995

We had a SUPRISE baby girl in 2010..8-9-10 to be exact..very cool birthday

Moved to North Carolina in 2007..met some amazing families & got to teach military children

My dad was killed in a car accident just before I turned 30 sad

I turn 40 in 6 days

Moved to California in 2011 (hate it)

My mom is awesome

Her son is not

I LOVE cooking!

I hate baking

I turn 40 in 6 days..didn't I mention that??

I love reading (Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Clive Barker..lots more)

childofgod04
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I am 20 years old but will be 21 in August

I am a SAHM to a little boy who will be 1 on the 21st!

I have been married to my husband since March 7, 2011 <3

My husband is in the Army and we are currently stationed in Texas.

I have 1 brother who is 16, a half-sister who is 5 (6 in August), a stepsister who is 18, and a stepbrother who will be 12 this month.

I am a student right now and hope to graduate at the latest September.

I love children and one day hope to teach Pre-school or Kindergarten.

I love to sing and I'm pretty good at it. 

I love animals and my favorite one is the zebra.

I love to travel and see new places which one of the reasons why I love being an Army wife.

I am very religious and used to teach a Sunday School class.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jun. 5, 2013 at 6:48 AM

Quoting childofgod04:

I am 20 years old but will be 21 in August

I am a SAHM to a little boy who will be 1 on the 21st!

I have been married to my husband since March 7, 2011 <3

My husband is in the Army and we are currently stationed in Texas.

I have 1 brother who is 16, a half-sister who is 5 (6 in August), a stepsister who is 18, and a stepbrother who will be 12 this month.

I am a student right now and hope to graduate at the latest September.

I love children and one day hope to teach Pre-school or Kindergarten.

I love to sing and I'm pretty good at it. 

I love animals and my favorite one is the zebra.

I love to travel and see new places which one of the reasons why I love being an Army wife.

I am very religious and used to teach a Sunday School class.

I am a huge animal lover!

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jun. 5, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Quoting Scyuni83:

Hi! I am 29 getting ready to be 30 in May. I have been married 5 years this May. I have two sons age 7 1/2 and 4 1/2 and we are currently trying to get pregnant with a third. My husband and I conceived with my second child after only a week after I asked him out (after a month of hanging out as friends) and we got married when I was 7 months pregnant. I planned my wedding in 2 months.
My husband adopted my oldest yet we still have issues with the biological father. (Long story)
I never went to college thinking I could take a year off and ended up doing drugs for about 8 years and walked a very difficult road. I celebrated my 10 year reunion 2 years ago.
I am a Tupperware consultant after many many years of trying to find something I love, I finally found it. :)
I am a believer in Christ and am currently seeing Gods power working through my life.
I dislike video games but loved Rockband.
Music is my life. I feel it speaks to me on a supernatural level sometimes.
I love Mustangs. Especially the Shelby's.
I am over sensitive at times yet open for honesty.
I cannot stand being lied to.
I have tendencies towards obsessive compulsive.
I am ALWAYS on time. And by "on time" I mean, at least 15-20 mins early. If I'm actually on time, I feel late and start to panic.
I have 3 tattoos and would love to get more but feel like I'm running out of room since I want to be able to hide them when necessary.
I struggle with relationships especially the friend kind.
I have trust issues but feel I can be trusted. (Most times)
I cry a lot. During movies (like my mom), to certain songs, when I'm angry or upset, and when I feel blessed.
I don't do well with confrontation but I will be the first to admit when I'm wrong.

Is that too much? Lol ;)

I have ocd too. It drives me nuts.I cry everyday

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jun. 5, 2013 at 6:51 AM

Quoting RhiannonMare:

I'm an Air Force brat, married to another Air Force brat. Being raised in the miltary or married to a serviceman is a whole other world that civilians have a difficult time understanding. My ex-husband was in the Navy.

I was born in Michigan, lived in the Philippines as a child and raised in South Carolina (my father retired from the military when I was 5), where I live now. I've also lived in Tennessee.

I've been married twice, the first time for 9 years and the second time 12 and a half years so far. We got married on Friday the 13th.

I have a 19 year old son who wants to go to medical school and become a psychiatrist. He recently moved in with his boyfriend. I have no idea where all the time has gone and when he grew up! His guy is the perfect match for him.

I'm a full-time student in veterinary technology school and will graduate in December, 2015. Then I'll take the national exam and the state board exam and will be a licensed vet tech. I also have a BA in anthropology and a BA in English. DH is closing in on his Bachelors in accounting.

I'm a belly dancer, preferring to dance tribal fusion and Gothic style. So there is always Arabic/North African/Middle Eastern music playing in the house. I've also been a headbanger since the early 70s and listen to a lot of heavy metal. I also love Goth and the blues.

I'm a Pagan and have been a Druid for the past 30+ years.

I have one older brother. My mother recently turned 90. My father died 10 years ago at the age of 90.

Besides belly dancing and music, I also love to read, cook, travel, bead and attend Renaissance faires.

I have three tattoos and am planning plenty more for the future.

We have three cats.

I have 3 cats too

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jun. 5, 2013 at 6:54 AM

I grew up in MN. Moved to fl right before my senior year of hs. I have 6 children and 1 grandson. I love to bake but dont eat sweets. I quit smoking over 15 years ago. I love all animals. I love to help raise money for alzheimers. I help raise donated items for a dog rescue . I have 3 cats, a hamster and a bearded dragon. I have ocd and depression. I get major anxiety attacks. I am a lefty.I am deaf in one ear.Drs. dont  know why. I have been married since 8/16/1997. My fav holiday is Thanksgiving

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN