Group Home

Smarter Style: Dresses That Rock the Spring Trends

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 53 Replies

There's a mom in my daughter's kindergarten class who always has little dresses on, nothing fancy, nothing frou-frou, just simple pieces. And she always looks awesome. Okay, we all know by now I am not a dress person, but I'm planning on changing that tidbit about me this spring and summer. So many frocks are in the stores these days, they are so easy to toss on and look pretty decent. So, to kick off this new style, I've been surfing about for dresses to rock the spring trends we will all be seeing in a few months...check these out!

Black and white - It is always a classic duo, but black and white are a mega DO this spring. Think all white with a black cardigan or black ankle-length jeans with a white tee...anything goes. This black and white striped dress from Joe Fresh at JCPenney is a great option - so simple for Sunday brunches with sassy sandals or rock it at school pick-up with ballet flats or little Converse kicks. Wear it now with a cardigan over it and then with tights and a sweater in the fall.

Stripes - Stripes in all colors, all sizes are everywhere. Many folks think horizontal stripes will make them look wide, but this dress from Old Navy with the blue on blue stripes and the halter top puts that myth to rest a bit. Imagine it with flip-flops to run errands or with some wedge heels for a dinner out.

Prints with Animals - Hummingbirds, owls, dogs, you name the animal or bird and they are making clothing with them as the print. It's fun, it's playful. When I saw this one at the Gap, I knew I had to get it...it's a dress covered in cats! My kiddo would beg me to wear it every day.

Florals - Pretty, sweet, girlie. The flowers are blooming on tops, pants, skirts and, of course, dresses. I'm really not a floral person, but when I spotted this shift dress at H&M I thought, "Hmm, I could do that." The great thing is it can be worn year-round - now totally solo and, in the fall with tights, a blazer and boots.

Green - It's the color of the year, ladies, and it is making the most of its reign. Green in all hues - Kelly, emerald, mint, forest - is hot, hot, hot...and in almost every store. Again, Nordstrom's tank dress is a great option to tock this trend now and beyond the summer. I think it would look great with a thin cropped cardigan and ballet flats, solo with sandals in the summer, and a big fluffy turtleneck layered over it and cool tennis shoes for running errands in the fall.

Do you love the ease of wearing dresses? Which spring trend do you like?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ anegada

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I am having issues with the different lengths since my legs have changed alot.  I usually like knee length though but have a few maxi lengths.

mamadee1971
by Dionne on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Love the maxi dresses, but no horizontal stripes for me. lol

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Horizontal stripes are super unflattering...

I don't wear dresses, I have this fear of wind blowing them up and showing the world my ass.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:08 AM
I love that black and white dress! I would totally wear it... I love dresses and skirts for spring/summer.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Only like the last one.The others hurt my eyes

Shopsha0911
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:43 AM

My daughter has been whering the black and white stripe since last fall. 

chillemi78
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:45 AM
I love the first and last one. That first one is making me regret not getting a black and white print I tried on at Ross a few days ago. But I'm sure I'll be getting at least a couple more dresses before summer. I have three new ones so far. All a but dressier, now I need some casual knits. I wear dresses all summer.
EbonySnow
by Desiree on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I wish I could get a dress I could wear. Sadly I'm very hippy with very small boobs so if a dress fits my hips it gapes at the chest but if it fits my chest it won't go over my hips

fraujones
by Amanda on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I like that black and white striped dress. 

mackiebugsmom
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:53 AM
I love the last green dress!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. TheJerseyGirl
  3. sunshinepraying
  4. deccaf
  5. SweetLuci
  6. mrswillie