Serve with a salad of green leaf lettuce, red onion, and fresh parsley, dressed with 1 tablespoon olive oil and fresh lemon juice.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 1/2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 quarts water
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil to pan. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add anchovies; mash in pan to form a paste. Stir in tomatoes and next 4 ingredients (through pepper); cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Bring 6 quarts water to a boil. Add pasta; cook 8 minutes or until almost al dente. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Add pasta and reserved pasta water to tomato mixture; increase heat to medium-high. Cook 5 minutes or until pasta is al dente, tossing to combine. Spoon 1 1/2 cups pasta into each of 4 bowls. Drizzle each serving with 3/4 teaspoon oil; sprinkle with cheese.