Foodstamps and expensive shampoo

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:01 PM
  • 66 Replies

So Im the first one to admit that we are getting foodstamps.. Im not a person who goes out and buys expensive soap, shampoo, toothbrush and such.. usually..

My dad has been here for almost a week and helping us with some stuff... also groceries..

So today I went grocery shopping and also got a good shampoo (Aussie, and Aussie hairgel) and a handcream (Neutrogena)

I went to the check out pay and the food was around 118.00.. and the other 3 items.. 15.00.. Next thing Im standing here looking at this stuff thinking..

Damn Im on FS and I spend 15.00 dollars on that stuff.. The moms on CM gonna half a field day with that.. :) lol

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Nah, certain things you can splurge on and since your dad is helping, treat yourself.  No judgement here.

mamivon2
by Sandra on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Aww Thank you

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

Nah, certain things you can splurge on and since your dad is helping, treat yourself.  No judgement here.

chillemi78
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
If you were buying salon brands, I might judge, but but you're still buying pretty reasonably priced stuff. Yes, it is a bit of a splurge for you, but it is important that you take care of yourself. Things are probably stressful enough and if you aren't doing little things to take care of yourself, you aren't going to be your best for your family. Enjoy your stuff, mama. I love the smell of aussie stuff!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:36 PM
I have no issue with you buying Aussie products while on food stamps. It's a splurge for you but it's not what most people would call a luxury.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sidneyb
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:38 PM
I only buy tresseme and we are on F's. I wont buy anything else for my hair
mckinneymom918
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh it's fine. Once you get away from vo5 and suave, that's pretty average. However- there are very often coupons for Aussie, and if I remember right, they're usually pretty good, like $1 off 1.
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Everyone deserves to treat themself now & then :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:10 AM
That's not a crazy splurge. Enjoy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

The women in this group are not that mean :)

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Enjoy it! It would he a different story if you were out spending $50 on your hair and another $50 on nails.

I enjoyed the few perks while we were on foodstamps. Like a box of hair color with a coupon lol. Once in a while it is nice to do something for your self.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: