Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Foodstamps and expensive shampoo

Posted by   + Show Post

So Im the first one to admit that we are getting foodstamps.. Im not a person who goes out and buys expensive soap, shampoo, toothbrush and such.. usually..

My dad has been here for almost a week and helping us with some stuff... also groceries..

So today I went grocery shopping and also got a good shampoo (Aussie, and Aussie hairgel) and a handcream (Neutrogena)

I went to the check out pay and the food was around 118.00.. and the other 3 items.. 15.00.. Next thing Im standing here looking at this stuff thinking..

Damn Im on FS and I spend 15.00 dollars on that stuff.. The moms on CM gonna half a field day with that.. :) lol

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Replies (61-66):
mom2aspclboy
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Pfft! I wouldn't worry about. It's not like you spent $15 for just the shampoo. $5 is nothing these days & that's all you spent per item, so I think you did well.

critter_boo
by Sarah on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:58 AM
This it wasn't that pricey plus you got 3 items for15 bucks that's 5 a piece lol

Quoting chillemi78:

If you were buying salon brands, I might judge, but but you're still buying pretty reasonably priced stuff. Yes, it is a bit of a splurge for you, but it is important that you take care of yourself. Things are probably stressful enough and if you aren't doing little things to take care of yourself, you aren't going to be your best for your family. Enjoy your stuff, mama. I love the smell of aussie stuff!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
teesoloca
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:29 AM
to each their own
mattiehatter
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:32 AM
That isn't that much of a splurge. Not a big deal in my book. Spending $50 for shampoo and conditioner is something to raise an eyebrow at in my book.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
2lilmamas
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Quoting MamaMandee:

Everyone deserves to treat themself now & then :)

Totally agree
momofnatalie
by Lisa on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:41 AM

No judgements!  If you like those products, you should get the Sunday paper normally the last Sunday of the month, there is a Proctor and Gamble insert that has coupons for Aussie in it.  Or you can go on their website and they offer coupons for the products every quarter.  So you can still buy what you like and save some money.  I can buy Aussie or Herbal Essence for like a $1 a bottle on sale usually at CVS or Rite Aid with their sale and a coupon. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN