Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need to make a bunch of goodies for a bake sale next week. Cookies, bars, brownies, candy, quick breads, anything that's quick and easy would be appreciated.

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 2:20 AM
Replies (41-48):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:58 PM

I love these! I used to make them years ago at Christmas, but had forgotten about them. Thanks!

Quoting artistmom27:

Haystacks

1 cup of butterscotch

1/2 cup of peanut butter (can be done with chocolate as well)

1/2 cup of salted peanuts (optional)

2 cups of chow mein noodles

In the microwave or double boiler, melt the butterscotch and peanut butter. Add peanuts and chow mein noodles. When fully mixed, pour small to medium piles of the "cookie" onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Put them in the fridge to cool.

artistmom27
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:12 PM

I make them every year. I love them

Quoting SweetLuci:

I love these! I used to make them years ago at Christmas, but had forgotten about them. Thanks!

Quoting artistmom27:

Haystacks

1 cup of butterscotch

1/2 cup of peanut butter (can be done with chocolate as well)

1/2 cup of salted peanuts (optional)

2 cups of chow mein noodles

In the microwave or double boiler, melt the butterscotch and peanut butter. Add peanuts and chow mein noodles. When fully mixed, pour small to medium piles of the "cookie" onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Put them in the fridge to cool.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I would stick to the basics! Cookies, brownies, rice krispies, and cupcakes!

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I always make cupcakes, or now more often cake balls. Rice Krispie treats are easy, cheap, and always sell well.

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:14 PM

If you can do whole cakes, this is the easiest and tastiest one I make.

Black Forest Cake

2 large eggs

1 box chocolate cake mix

1 can cherry pie filling

1 tsp almond flavoring

Beat eggs in a large bowl with fork. Add other ingredients and stir with fork till combined. Pour into greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Pour frosting over cake as soon as removed from oven

Frosting

5 T. butter

1/3 cup milk

1 cup sugar

2 cups chocolate chips

Bring 1st 3 ingredients to boil over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and stir til melted. Pour over cake. It will harden as it cools. Yummy!

SweetLuci
by Luci on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:44 PM

No, no cakes, but this is a different version of Black Forrest Cake, so I set it aside to try later.

Quoting elasmimi:

If you can do whole cakes, this is the easiest and tastiest one I make.

Black Forest Cake

2 large eggs

1 box chocolate cake mix

1 can cherry pie filling

1 tsp almond flavoring

Beat eggs in a large bowl with fork. Add other ingredients and stir with fork till combined. Pour into greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Pour frosting over cake as soon as removed from oven

Frosting

5 T. butter

1/3 cup milk

1 cup sugar

2 cups chocolate chips

Bring 1st 3 ingredients to boil over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and stir til melted. Pour over cake. It will harden as it cools. Yummy!

SweetLuci
by Luci on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:48 PM

That's a great sounding diet goodie. I've done the pumpkin with yellow cake. This sounds even better.

Quoting chillemi78:

For a lower fat option,take one box of devils food cake mix and one can of pureed pumpkin. (not pumpkin pie filling, the plain stuff). Stir the mix and pumpkin together, no other usual stuff like the eggs and oil. And it takes a bit of arm work to mix it together. Put in a lined or greased muffin pan, bake for about 20 minutes at 350. Its a Hungry Girl recipe and you can google to get nutrition info. I like to add a few semi sweet chocolate chips too. It does add a bit more calories and fat, but its soooo worth it! Or do mini muffins and put 2 or 3 in each bag.

HisSweetheart07
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

no bake cookies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)