Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

time to break out the sunscreen

Posted by   + Show Post

yesterday was such a beautiful day!  sunny, high 60's/low 70's, a bit breezy.  everyone was in pants & t-shirts.  i took the kids to a park to play for a bit & while they played i sat on one of the bench swings they have around the playground, in the shade, enjoying the weather & the kids playing.  we were only there for about 40min & then we walked over to another green space where they were supposed to have a st. patty's festival.  all together we were out & about for around an hour.  fast forward a few hours later & we're at children's urgent care for my son (bad ear infection) & i noticed my chest is pink. 

though i sat in the shade at the park i got sunburned!  i had on a t-shirt that was a bit scooped neck & all that white skinned that's been covered for the last few months was perfect for burning i guess.  also got a strip of pink on my left arm, guess where the sun was hitting my arm while i was driving.

least they aren't bad burns & don't hurt!

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Replies (11-14):
mamadee1971
by Dionne on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I'm ready for the warmer weather.  I can't stand to be cooped up in the house on weekends. So, I've been planning my little micro bucket list of weekend activities and places to visit.  It's suppose to be in the lower 80's, today and sunny, but we do need rain.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I should be getting it out soon

MamaMandee
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Enjoy your sun, Im way jelly!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:45 PM

It's been really nice here too lately.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)