Group Home

Everytime I think about it, my stomach gets upset.

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:42 PM
  • 22 Replies

As most of you probably remember, I had/have a fear of flying. Dh was in the Pentagon on 9/11 and for hours I didn't know if he was alive. Prior, I flew quite often. After that, I stopped.

Last year I spoke to my doctor about my fear, and she gave me something for it. In December Dh & I flew to NYC for my birthday. It was an hour flight. I did ok...I guess, if you consider holding on to dear life most of the way and saying prayers, but I did it.

FAST FORWARD...

A wonderful couple dh & I are very close friends with (more like family), are giving us a 7 day, Western Caribbean Cruise out of Miami for Christmas this year.  We have known about it for about a week or so now and dh & I am extremely excited. The plan was for us to drive to Miami to board the ship. Last night they told us they were flying all of us to Miami. While I am still extremely excited, when I think about the 2 1/2 hour flight, I get an upset stomach.

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyWildflower
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:46 PM

((hugs)) I had a horrible fear of flying b/c of 9/11 but flew for the first time last year--a near 4-5 hour flight all together.  I prayed--a lot and just kept my mind busy on other things and tried not to think about it.

I hope you can get past this fear and be able to enjoy your trip!

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:53 PM
1st, what amazing friends who have! 2nd are they looking for another friend lol 3rd how scary it must have waiting to find out about DH. 4th, take your meds, bring an MP3 player with soothing music & a eye mask. Maybe look up some meditaion you use do on the plan. 5th good luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Oh & btw I have a major fear of cruises lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chillemi78
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Can you get some therapy to help you deal with the fear? There is quite a bit of time before Christmas and you van work on feeling better about flying before then. Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:58 PM

i have flown before several times but i dont like it either. see if you can get your dr to give you something again for the anxiety.

Juniper53098
by June on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Hope you're not going on a Carnival cruise....

I have a friend who works at the Pentagon.  I was so worried about her that day.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:08 PM

I agree, I'd ask the doctor if they can give you anything to help with anxiety...

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SassyWildflower:

((hugs)) I had a horrible fear of flying b/c of 9/11 but flew for the first time last year--a near 4-5 hour flight all together.  I prayed--a lot and just kept my mind busy on other things and tried not to think about it.

I hope you can get past this fear and be able to enjoy your trip!

I am taking head phones for the tv so I can't here the acceleration.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Quoting MamaMandee:

Oh & btw I have a major fear of cruises lol

Really? I rather be on a cruise then in the air.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Quoting lyrick24:

i have flown before several times but i dont like it either. see if you can get your dr to give you something again for the anxiety.

I still have some. It worked, some. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. aneela
  2. Vertical15
  3. mrswillie
  4. ceciliam
  5. deccaf
  6. SweetLuci