Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sad Kid: show choir update :(

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:53 PM
  • 55 Replies
About 2 weeks ago I posted that my 14yr old was trying out for show choir for high school next year, well the poor girl did not make it. She is really bummed out. She has been talking about it for the past 2 years (you have to be in 9th grade to join). The teacher told her it was a maturity issue, which I dont get cuz she has always been the most muture kid I know. She is a well behaved, honor roll student in several advanced classes. Her singing is pretty good. And not to sound mean but some of the singers in show choir the last 2 years have made me wince at the concerts. Anyhow, just between us moms ...it did just save me $400.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chillemi78
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Poor thing. Is there any community choir she can join or even a community theatre that does musicals?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
suziejax
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:39 PM

So sorry she didn't get it. I know it hurts her :-(

critter_boo
by Sarah on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Aww poor thing
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Bummer for her. :( I wonder if she didn't get it because she is a freshman, and upperclassmen might have been waiting... Even though she is really talented? I would think she'll have an even better chance next year... Especially if she is in regular choir/chorus/whatever the school offers?

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Sorry for her maybe next time.

MamaMandee
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:58 PM
There is one in the next town over but they meet on a night DH works & currently we are a 1 car family.

Quoting chillemi78:

Poor thing. Is there any community choir she can join or even a community theatre that does musicals?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Thank you!

Quoting suziejax:

So sorry she didn't get it. I know it hurts her :-(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Thanks!

Quoting critter_boo:

Aww poor thing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Maybe but it is a pretty small school & a pretty small group. They actually called her out of class to let her know she didnt make it & she had to reagrange her schedule for next year cuz she had written down show choir as one classes. She exchanged it for high school choir.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Bummer for her. :( I wonder if she didn't get it because she is a freshman, and upperclassmen might have been waiting... Even though she is really talented? I would think she'll have an even better chance next year... Especially if she is in regular choir/chorus/whatever the school offers?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Thank you!

Quoting brownhoney21:

Sorry for her maybe next time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN