Group Home

Why do you let him have a FB

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:32 PM
  • 41 Replies

A friend of mine posted the following on FB

ok family and friends..the other night i put my son on FB so please be careful with your language if you cant i will block your posts from him and if it continues i will delete you as a friend and you will not be permitted to be his friend on here..he's here to play games and nothing else..thank you..and if this makes anyone mad sorry but that is where me and his dad stands!@!!!!!!!

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boshs1andonly
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:34 PM

seriously? i mean i'm one of those people who is careful what i post anyway, since my personal account is linked to my company page. but to tell people what to post so your child won't be exposed to it? that's nuts

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:49 PM

How old is the child?  It is against TOS for under a certain age.   My dd plays games under my account but does not do anything else.

Sophie4910
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:27 AM
That's kind of crazy. To permit what others say on their one Facebook.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mami2oneboy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:29 AM
I hate FB even for me, I don't have one, and kids don't need it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Im sure my kids have heard/seen worse in school or on video games .. or even at the horse sales/barns ..

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:47 AM

Wow. Doesn't she know she can block everyones comments so he can't see them?

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:54 AM
1 mom liked this

How old is her Little Prince?

If he's old enough to actually be on FB according to their TOS, he's heard and uses naughty words on a regular basis, I can guarantee that.

I wouldn't add the little shit as a friend in the first place, I don't think it's "cute" or whatever when kids get Facebook. Once my kids have it, yes they'll be MY friends on there (so I can monitor easily) but I'm not going to go to my friends and be all "Add my precious baby girl to Facebook, BUT DON'T YOU DARE CURSE!! OR I WILL CUT YOU!!"

If I were in your position, I'd delete the friend and block the son, you (your friend) don't get to dictate what adults do.

ETA: the reason I would just delete her preemptively is because I cannot STAND people that pull drama queen attention whore tantrums on Facebook. "No one loves me, if you don't like my status I'm blocking you!" Here I'll save you time, and block you first, no biggie, takes 5 seconds.

mamivon2
by Sandra on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:15 AM

The child is 13 or 14

chicken13
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:22 AM

You can go straight to zynga and play all those same Facebook games without the Facebook account. 

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

He is 13 or 14 and she is telling everyone to watch their language... Man is she in for it lmao. She don't realize he most likely says worse at school? I could be wrong of course, but I am sure he does at least hears worse.. Also someone needs to explain to her that she can block the posts that people make.. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. aneela
  2. Vertical15
  3. mrswillie
  4. ceciliam
  5. deccaf
  6. SweetLuci