Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mormons are knocking at my door!

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:31 PM
  • 71 Replies

not sure why but 3x's in the last week we've had mormon missionaries knocking at our door.  i didn't think they did door to door.  i've seen them walking around town & riding their bikes.  talking to people on the street but i've never seen them knocking on doors.  it's been different guys too.  typically we only see one set of missionaries in are area at a time.  baffling!

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rdh2013
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:32 PM
They always knock here too...are we neighbors? Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
critter_boo
by Sarah on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Never had them here
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ballerina.2006
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:36 PM
They've always gone door to door as well as finding opportunities else were to spread their message, hence you seeing them talking to people around town :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:46 PM

hmm, just never seen them knocking on doors around here.  jehovah's witnesses yes, mormon's no.

Quoting ballerina.2006:

They've always gone door to door as well as finding opportunities else were to spread their message, hence you seeing them talking to people around town :)

mom2jessnky
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:56 PM

They knock on doors, just like JW's do.

Rushn311
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:26 PM

They used to do that when we lived in an apartment.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:30 PM

since moving to ga, 13 years ago this month, i've only lived in apartments.  i had jehovah's witnesses knock on my door once a few apartments ago & then apparently many residents complained to management & they never came back.  this is the first time i've ever seen mormon's knocking.

Quoting Rushn311:

Rushn311
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:32 PM

we live in a gated community now and there is no soliciting so we don't have it anymore...but I had the people from Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints come to our house a lot.

Quoting lizzig:

since moving to ga, 13 years ago this month, i've only lived in apartments.  i had jehovah's witnesses knock on my door once a few apartments ago & then apparently many residents complained to management & they never came back.  this is the first time i've ever seen mormon's knocking.

Quoting Rushn311:

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:37 PM

every complex we've lived in has a big sign saying "no soliciting" but apparently it means nothing to the soliciters!  we've had so many magazine, cable, phone sales people, it's crazy!

Quoting Rushn311:

we live in a gated community now and there is no soliciting so we don't have it anymore...but I had the people from Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints come to our house a lot.

Quoting lizzig:

Quoting Rushn311:

Rushn311
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:28 PM

ugh, that's horrible :(

Quoting lizzig:

every complex we've lived in has a big sign saying "no soliciting" but apparently it means nothing to the soliciters!  we've had so many magazine, cable, phone sales people, it's crazy!

Quoting Rushn311:

Quoting lizzig:

Quoting Rushn311:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN