Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nieghbor kids

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:45 PM
  • 17 Replies

sunday my daughter was out playing with a new neighbor & made some other friends in the complex.  when i called her in for dinner one of the girls asked her about playing after school this week.  my daughter told them she couldn't play during the week because we have allot going on & we get home late.  (we typically are home for 1/2hr after school & then running begins & we get home about 7:30.  this week is a bit off & we get to stay home a little longer before heading out again but not much.)

well yesterday & today one of her new friends knocks on our door pretty much as soon as we get home.  it's like she's staring out the window waiting for us.  she practically begs my daughter to play with her.  i feel bad for her in a way, she seems kind of desperate for friends if you know what i mean.  wonder about her homelife too.  yesterday i heard her tell my daughter her grandma said she could stay over till 7pm, this was at 3.  she's in the same grade as my daughter, different school though.  i know my daughter has at least 30-50min of homework every night.  if this little girl is allowed to stay at a friends till 7 when does she do her homework, eat?  (both schools get out at the same time)

anyone have similar nieghbor kids?  what do you do when they keep knocking on the door?

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Not anymore thankfully. I used to have kids at my door all the time. Now the street I live on everyone keeps to themselves. I love it.

Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:28 PM

We had new neighbors  not last summer, but summer before that. One girl would knock at our door early in the morning,  then afternoon, and soon as our garage opened she was at our house...it got very annoying. I think either her parents or the lil got the hint that we didn't like that. LOL I don't like to be bothered. If we are outside, fine, come on by...but not  if we are in the house and we already told you no. haha

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:33 PM
We use by our old house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by Jane:) on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:38 PM
We do but it's controllable. They listen when I say we have to leave and they aren't over all the time. One 5 yo girl gives me some problems sometimes but ill shoot that attitude right down.

How old is your daughter that she has so much homework?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:11 PM
We do have one kid like this. I have had to just set firm boundaries and send him home when it's time. It's exhausting; sometimes I just want peace in my own yard!

But after over a year of being consistent with when my son can play, what our rules are, etc, he seems to be getting it. He leaves when it's time, and is fine with not playing if we're not available.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PoehlerBear1983
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Ds1 has a few that come ask but i have much more strict rules where as their mothers just let them wander so its not often. His best friends dont live in our neighborhood. sometimes he will ride the bus to a friends house but i always pick him up by 5:30-6:00
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:15 PM

No e don't live near any kids we live on a main road

HisSweetheart07
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:17 PM

not anymore. 

When we did, I just told them we had plans and gave them a date and time they can come play. 

bether89
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:22 PM

We have a couple of neighbor kids that like to play with my kids. If they ask to come over and we are busy, I just tell them we are busy so not today.

Juniper53098
by June on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:24 PM

We don't have any neighbor kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)