Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quick Niece Update :)

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:59 PM
  • 36 Replies
A few of you had asked me to update after we had court for my niece on the 20th (today). Court did not go good for the mom at all. She was caught in a ton of lies, which then she would change her story to another lie, which they called her out on too. She even got others to lie but they got caught too. Long story short, we will be keeping our niece untill at least September when the next court day is. The kids will get to go see the mom all togeather on Saturday for a 6 hour supervised visit. We are taking our kids & her to a school carnival Saturday night when she gets back so not to be to sad when its time to come back here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyWildflower
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:17 PM

those poor kids =(

I hope their mom can get her stuff together and they can be together again. Until then I think you're awesome for taking her in and loving her..Not many people would do that. 

Hope you guys have lots of fun and make new memories at the carnival.

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Maybe this will wake her up so she will get it together.

artistmom27
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Agreed, but it shows what a big heart you have. The best thing you can do for them is what you are doing right now.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

those poor kids =(

I hope their mom can get her stuff together and they can be together again. Until then I think you're awesome for taking her in and loving her..Not many people would do that. 

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I must have missed the post about this. but From what I get from reading is the mom is not a great person, and your niece is better off with you.

MamaMandee
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! DH & I both wish she would too. We dont want to have to have her daughter, we much rather her be with her mom but in a safe enviroment. We are really looking forward to the carnival, we had a ton of fun last year. My 5yr old dd told her all about it & Becca is excited. I think it is going to be the perfect distraction to help make her not sad about having to leave her mom.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

those poor kids =(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:01 PM
I really hope so! I know if my kids were took from me I would do anything & everything they told me.

Quoting brownhoney21:

Maybe this will wake her up so she will get it together.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Awww thanks :)

Quoting artistmom27:

Agreed, but it shows what a big heart you have. The best thing you can do for them is what you are doing right now.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

those poor kids =(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Pretty much so.

Quoting Leelee1008:

I must have missed the post about this. but From what I get from reading is the mom is not a great person, and your niece is better off with you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Quoting SassyWildflower:

those poor kids =(

You're such a great person for taking her in !!

MamaMandee
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you!

Quoting Stevensmomma:

Quoting SassyWildflower:

those poor kids =(

You're such a great person for taking her in !!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN