Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever done this at the grocery store ?

bwsmommy
I know God or someone has a plan ... and i know i shouldnt question it .. but why .. why does a mom die of cancer and leave her two kids behind .. why ... I just dont understand this plan .
Today at 3:55 AM
Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:40 PM
  • 91 Replies
1 mom liked this

So i was shopping last week and my mil and fil were coming over .. well dh wanted me to make those oven fajitas..when i fix them for us i dont care about color at all .. so its just green bell peppers .. well i decided to get some reds and yellows .. shoot no them bad boys were like 2.00 each !!! The green peppers were bad enough at .89 .. so i go to the mark down rack for produce and find 2 peppers for .99 .. i get like 3 packs .. so thats like 6 peppers for 3.00 instead of  6 peppers at 5.30ish .. well i go to look at the colored peppers and there were 2 .. 2 peppers that were starting to look not so hot .. i asked if they were gonna mark them down and Oh MY they did !! i got 2 for .79 !! I had to cut a bad spot the size of a dime off them both but wow at the price difference !

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeachMommy07
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Awesome-yeah I"ve done that. I miss the farmers market back home we would get buckets of peppers for $2.00 here at the store it's like $2.00 for one pepper. Ridiculous. And yummy-love fajitas!

artistmom27
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I always do that for some items :)

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this

And why are the red and yellow so much more than the green? Just because there are fewer of the,? To me they taste the same.

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this

awesome!

bwsmommy
I know God or someone has a plan ... and i know i shouldnt question it .. but why .. why does a mom die of cancer and leave her two kids behind .. why ... I just dont understand this plan .
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:13 PM
They do taste the same .. So I'm assuming the extra 1.10 is for color ! Which is dumb .. Lol !

Quoting elasmimi:

And why are the red and yellow so much more than the green? Just because there are fewer of the,? To me they taste the same.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:13 PM
I always buy from the mark down rack .. But the first time I've ever asked !

Quoting artistmom27:

I always do that for some items :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:14 PM

We don't have a mark down section in our store. The only store that does is not a good store to buy anything not in a can or box.  

bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:14 PM
That would be great ! But sadly there isn't one near me I like :( .

Quoting BeachMommy07:

Awesome-yeah I"ve done that. I miss the farmers market back home we would get buckets of peppers for $2.00 here at the store it's like $2.00 for one pepper. Ridiculous. And yummy-love fajitas!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaytee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Awesome! I don't even think our store has a produce mark down rack and I would have NEVER thought to ask if they were going to mark something down. So smart!

bebe_ju-rah
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol No. I just pay whatever they're asking for. I don't even look at prices on produce so I couldn't tell you how much they cost.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)