Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever done this at the grocery store ?

Posted by   + Show Post

So i was shopping last week and my mil and fil were coming over .. well dh wanted me to make those oven fajitas..when i fix them for us i dont care about color at all .. so its just green bell peppers .. well i decided to get some reds and yellows .. shoot no them bad boys were like 2.00 each !!! The green peppers were bad enough at .89 .. so i go to the mark down rack for produce and find 2 peppers for .99 .. i get like 3 packs .. so thats like 6 peppers for 3.00 instead of  6 peppers at 5.30ish .. well i go to look at the colored peppers and there were 2 .. 2 peppers that were starting to look not so hot .. i asked if they were gonna mark them down and Oh MY they did !! i got 2 for .79 !! I had to cut a bad spot the size of a dime off them both but wow at the price difference !

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Replies (91-91):
bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

im all about cheap veggies and finding out tricks !! and the ladies of smarter living taught me about the flash freezing !

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

good idea thanks!

Quoting bwsmommy:

If you have a freezer you can flash freeze or just chop up and freeze ! ill take peppers and just chop up the night before i use them as well and keep them in the fridge !

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

good deal! i see produce marked down at the local grocery discount store but dh doesnt want to buy them....usually we go shopping after dinner anway so we couldnt use them that night

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)