Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Looking Springy Despite the Weather

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 33 Replies

It doesn't feel like it where I live (18 degrees this morning!) but spring has sprung. That means it's time to freshen your look, even if the weather isn't operating. Here's some ideas to look more springy, even if the weather is still decidedly chilly:

Lighten your accessories: It might be too early to put your coat in the closet, but swapping out your heavy wool scarf for a lighter weave and more colorful pattern can keep you sufficiently warm and lighten things up. Swap out heavy black tights for colorful ones…maybe some of the neon tights in stores right now? And it might be awhile before sandal season, but some days you can ditch the heavy boots for colorful rain boots.

Lighten your colors: Trade in red for hot pink, deep grape and burgundy tones for lavender, and solid blacks and grays for polka dots or florals in the same tones.

Layer your look: That cap-sleeved or sleeveless spring dress can be mighty chilly on these days when the cold winds blow, but layers can help extend your ability to wear it (and allow you to ditch those winter duds you're probably deeply sick of sooner). Add tights or leggings under a dress and wear it with shiny leather boots, and wear a cardigan over. Some sleeveless dresses even lend themselves to wearing a tee or blouse underneath.

How do you transition your wardrobe when the weather isn't cooperating?

Image via KMart.com

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flowerfunleah
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Tfs! Sometimes I don't feel springy at all :((

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:02 AM
I don't have anything much other than my scrubs but I will probably get more color
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma-flynn
by Greta on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I'm so glad we don't have much of a winter here. Yesterday & today have been cooler & cloudy but we've had tons of sunshine & 70 degree weather already.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I totally switch to my flower patterned rain boots as soon as I can... Though the recent snowfall means back to rain boots for me! And I've been starting to unpack the cardigans and top layer sweaters to wear over my sleeveless tops... More skirts with tights, etc.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Its almost always hot here.We get a few very cold days but I can wear flip flops all year

deedee3849
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I dress for the weather. If it's cold I wear warm things.

inmybizz
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:47 AM

We don't have a winter here..I could wear short sleeves and flip flops almost year round.

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I wear pastel tees with a cardigan.

Juniper53098
by June on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I haven't changed my wardrobe.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Layer, then I can take off something if it warms up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)